? STATS PAGE: 2003 applicants ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Added MCV/VCU and Columbia (end of Page 1)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, Juan is still with us. After he posted his stats for the whole world to see, I figured John Hopkins must have put him on their private jet, wined and dined him, and then immediately enrolled him in their neurosurgery residency program. Glad to see that you did not sell out Juan.

I just updated my stats on page 2. I didn't do that great but at least it's over.

Members don't see this ad :)
Star Babe,
You did great. I predict that you will be enrolled in dental school about this time next year.

Cumulative GPA: 3.4
Science GPA: 3.38
Major: Microbiology, Immunology, & Molecular Genetics

DAT:
Academic: 23
Perceptual: 23

AADSAS submitted: July 27

Applied: (17 schools) UCLA, UOP, pitts, USC, Michgan, NJ, Tufts, NYU, Columbia, BU, Harvard, UPENN, wash, conn, UCSF

Interviews: UCLA, NYU, Columbia, Michgan, NJ, BU, pitts, uop, tufts, USC

Interview that i plan to go on or gone: UCLA, Michgan, UOP, USC, Columbia

Denied: N/A

Accepted: N/A

Added my University of Maryland interview to page 1.

Great DAT scores Mr. T! Welcome to our forum!

Thanks....I just had a question....when did you send your app in that your getting interviews already? I sent my app in july and havent received anything from anywhere.

I completed the on-line application and delivered it on June 7. Some of the schools are just starting to review applications, and others have said that they will begin the review process later this month.

yikes....june 7th and only now....i wonder how long it'll take for me....i submitted july 29th....its kinda like we apply, worry, forget for awhile, start to worry again, and then stuff will start happening :rolleyes:

I submitted on June 3, the first day possible.. I had an interview on August 26th, and I have two interviews this week -- tomorrow and Thursday!

Vixen, you'll be getting interviews before you know it!

Cumulative GPA: 3.4
Science GPA: 3.36
Major: Biophysics and biology
Research: 2 years in undergraduate and 1 year in graduate
an author of two papers

DAT:
Academic: 21
Perceptual: 21

AADSAS submitted: July 17

Applied: (7 schools) UPENN, UMDNJ, Tufts, NYU, Columbia, Boston, UMich

Interviews: Boston, UPENN, UMDNJ, Columbia, UMich, NYU

Denied: Boston, Tufts, UMich (Didn't go to interviews)

Accepted: NYU, UMDNJ, UPENN, Columbia

Will go to Columbia

Undergraduate Institution: Pitt
Cummulative GPA: 3.98
Science GPA: ~3.99
Major: Biology

DAT: June 1, 2002
23/19 Academic/PAT

Submitted AADSAS: June 13, 2002

Applied to 5: U Penn, U Pitt, Temple, CWRU, SUNY Buffalo

Interview Invites: Penn, Temple, CWRU, SUNY-Buff, Pitt

Denied: none!

Accepted: Penn, Temple, CWRU, SUNY-Buff, Pitt

Great stats scist2!

Members don't see this ad :)
Added my Nova interview!!

Undergraduate Institution: University of Maryland
Cummulative GPA: 3.06
Science GPA: ~2.90
Major: Neurobiology/Physiology

DAT: August 30, 2002
22/23 Academic/PAT

Submitted AADSAS: August 24, 2002

Applied to 7: University of Maryland, UConn, Temple, Boston U, Tufts, Indiana, Howard

Interview Invites: University of Maryland (12/4), Temple (11/1), Boston U (2/3/03), Indiana

Denied: Tufts

Accepted: University of Maryland

Enrolled: University of Maryland

Undergrad GPA: 3.88
Undergrad Science GPA: 3.84

DAT (9/13/02)
Academic: 22
PAT: 18

Applied: UTH, UTSA, Baylor, UCSF, UOP, UPENN, Harvard, Tufts, Columbia, NYU

Interview Invites: UTH, UTSA, Baylor, UPENN, Tufts (withdrew), Columbia, NYU (withdrew), UCSF

Accepted: UTH, UTSA, Baylor, UPENN, Columbia

Denied: Harvard

~Qoo

Added my UK interview! I think I am more excited that AASDAS finally got around to mailing out my last letter of recommendation.

I got a regional interview on October 26th from Boston.

I updated my stats on the first page....

Hey juan7677
we'll be at USC on the same day!!! see ya there...

Hey starbabe,

If you meet a guy name john at the interview thats me. See you on the 11th.

Hey Juan7677,
My name is negar... see ya at SC....

updated stats with new DATs,:clap:

Undergrad GPA: 3.86
Undergrad Science GPA: 3.65

DAT (7/25/02)
Academic: 19
PAT: 17

Submitted to AADSAS: Aug 23rd, 2002

Applied: UPENN, BU, Harvard, Tufts, Columbia, NYU, UConn

Interview Invites: UPenn, BU

for anyone interested, just called AADSAS today and they said batch 11 is out this week, batch 12 next. also, why does aadsas wait 2 weeks before sending out the LOR's and transcripts?

hope everything's goin well for all of you!

- kulkarni

Whats this about aadsas waiting two weeks to send out transcripts and LORs? So, you're saying, if I was in a batch 10, which was sent out about a week ago, I can stop frantically checking my mailbox every 20 minutes for another week or so?

updated again:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: , YAY!!

Lets keep the stats thread going! Lots of people in the forum that haven't posted their stats. Some people may be reluctant to post their stats but this thread is most useful if we get a broad range of stats and not just the 3.8 GPAs and 23+ DATs.
Thanks
EcoRI

Added my interviews at Tufts and U Michigan (my mom and dad's school)!!!

Added interviews from Tufts and NYU

....at bottom of page 1.

BTW, have any of you noticed how the position of your STAT post moves around on the page?? At first, my STAT post was on the top of page 2. THen it got moved to the very bottom of Page 1. Now its 2nd from the ottom of Page 1. I found that kinda weird :confused:

Added interview from NYU...

Hey guys. I submitted my application on 10/02, do you know how long it is going to take before it is sent out to schools? Also is AADSAS going to wait for my transcripts and LOR before sending out my application or they will send it out without the trans and LORs.
Thanks

Cumulative GPA: 3.91
Science GPA: 3.91
Major: Math & Econ
Minor: Computing
Graduated June 2001 from UCLA and have been doing post-bacc work since.

1st DAT: October 2002
Academic: 22
Perceptual: 20

AADSAS submitted: June 17

Applied: (5 schools) UCLA, UCSF, UOP, USC, Loma Linda

Interview Invites: N/A

Denied: N/A

Accepted: N/A

Great job Pebbs!!! Nice Scores. :)

My Stats:

Major: BS in Computer Science and BS in Mathematics

Cum GPA: 3.92
BCP GPA: 4.0
Science GPA: 3.8 ( nothing below an A in math. Only 1 B+ in CS, with all other CS grades being 3.7-4.0)

GRE ( took it twice ): 2100 - 2300
MCAT: 36
DAT: 23/22

AMCAS and AADSAS filed on around July. PhD applications will go out before Thanksgiving.

slave4md,

why are you also applying to both med and dental schools. It doesn't make sense to me. It seems like you don't really know what you want to do. I hope you know that if the dental schools found out that you also applied to med schools, they will automatically reject you.

Notice that slave4MD is also applying to PhD programs too in addition to AMCAS and AADSAS... I'm just surprised that he didn't also apply to the Astronaut Training Program too while he's at it.. :laugh:

Originally posted by kpax
slave4md,

why are you also applying to both med and dental schools. It doesn't make sense to me. It seems like you don't really know what you want to do. I hope you know that if the dental schools found out that you also applied to med schools, they will automatically reject you.

But they won't find out. Notice that I didn't apply to medical and dental programs at the same school. ( like at UPENN, so that they won't find out )

I also didn't write anything for the question where they ask you if you applied to other types of health professions. They're not going to verify it anyway.

As for PhD programs, they're not relevant to this issue at all.

My counselors told me that, if anything, it's realistic to see all medical schools reject me because of something serious I committed in the past. But I was told that, since my grades are above-par for dental schools, my stats might offset the problems I had in the past.

I spent well over $1500+ in applying to domestic and foreign schools, and time consumed in this process is countless. So, I hope you won't mind if we end up at the same dental school for coming fall.

we can see that your grades are really good... but the point is do u know what dentistry is all about?? are you going to like it? b/c if u dont, u're just taking a spot away from those who really wanna do dentistry but with lower grades...

Originally posted by slave4MD

My counselors told me that, if anything, it's realistic to see all medical schools reject me because of something serious I committed in the past. But I was told that, since my grades are above-par for dental schools, my stats might offset the problems I had in the past.

Do you know that all dental schools will do a criminal background check/Disiplinary check to see your background is clean after they accept you. Unlike, medical school they don't ask if you were ever given sanctions, but dental schools will check and weed out people after they accept them and do a criminal/background check. Also, you are lying on your application and for that you better be careful. In one of my two interviews thus far they asked us "who is applying to both medical and dental school at the same time." All they need is your social security number and they can find any information about you.

Remember you are bound to an agreement that you will not falsify your records and you have to abide by that agreement.

Just because you think dental school is easier then you are mistaken, they do not take lying on applications lightly no matter how high your grades are.

DesiDentist

I don't think it's that bad anyway.

If what you say is true, then they'll ONLY catch me for taking the MCAT and GREs and for applying to medical schools in the AMCAS system.

But they won't find out that I applied to PhD programs and foreign medical schools, would they? I can't think of a way they can use my personal info to track my applications to these programs, unless if they call up each and every one of them, which I know that they won't do.

Desi, r u sure about the disciplinary check? I ask coz a friend of mine was on social probation and didn't inform any of the schools she was applying to and is currently a D-3 at a east coast ivy league school. she told me it wasn't academic related. I am sure they do criminal check at professional schools because I read about a case somewhere realted to law school admissions.
Also slave4md, the question is not whether you can hack the admissions game on three different fronts, but whether you gonna be enjoying what you do. The dental degree is so much work and socially stigmatized by ignorant folks (who might be majority) that you might end up frustrated. I suggest putting in some time at a dental office rather than trying to figure out who you can outwit in the process.
it's a long journey...

Originally posted by crimson

Also slave4md, the question is not whether you can hack the admissions game on three different fronts, but whether you gonna be enjoying what you do. The dental degree is so much work and socially stigmatized by ignorant folks (who might be majority) that you might end up frustrated. I suggest putting in some time at a dental office rather than trying to figure out who you can outwit in the process.
it's a long journey...

But this is what I wanted to know.

On the AADSAS, I wrote nothing for the question where they ask if you applied to other health programs. Also, in the interview, I told the dentists that I applied to nothing but DDS/DMD programs.

If the dental schools are as strict as the other guy said, will they ONLY be checking as to whether I applied to US medical schools?

I might try to slide by this or tell a good story when they ask me this directly.

But what I'm more concerned about is will they even check my personal info as to see if I applied to PhD programs and foreign medical schools? Do you think you they will?

If so, I'm screwed before the game even started. I ended up applying to 5 physics, 9 Comp sci, and 9 math programs, and about 5 foreign medical schools. I worked so hard for all this.

Should I be worried? Will each and every one of applications ( even the PhD and foreign medical school applciations ) get tracked?