Status update from VCU - mistake on AMCAS?

Started by Palindr0me
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Palindr0me

hi.
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got a status update from Virginia Commonwealth stating: "We have received your AMCAS application, but will be holding it for further action, pending receipt of your most recent MCAT scores. MCAT's taken after September of this application year will not be considered."

The only problem is that I took the MCAT2015 exam on May 22nd, and my scores have been loaded for quite some time now. I have already received an II from one school, so I'm not sure if this is a widespread problem for the schools I am applying to. I did notice that on my AMCAS application I put that I would be taking a FUTURE MCAT exam on May 22nd, 2015, not realizing that it was asking for FUTURE exams. Understandably, the automated systems that these schools use is possibly screening me out for having an MCAT not released yet, thus putting me on hold for review. Would anyone like to give their two cents on this? I have removed the "future" date from my AMCAS and updated it just now. Wondering if I should send e-mails to all of the schools I applied to notifying them of this issue?

Thanks!
@LizzyM @Goro