Steals and Deals

Started by WelshCob
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WelshCob

Florida c/o 2017
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I figured we could have a thread on deals and steals we find for various things we need such as interview attire, new laptops and the like.

I'll go first there was a thread on interview suits earlier this year and people having trouble finding appropriately sized, nicely tailored garments at a reasonable price. Just recently Ann Taylor has implemented a 20% discount in stores if you show a current student ID. Loft, Ann Taylor's younger more business casual counterpart has implemented a 15% student discount with ID in store. Both make tailored women's clothing in many different fits for different women. I know that the Loft discount is stackable on top of others. Meaning they were having a 60% off sale on causal summer wear and with the student discount my purchase was 75% off.

I know some schools have implemented a dress code too so if you need professional wear don't forget your student ID!
 
http://www.allheart.com --> cheap scrubs and lab coats. My order hasn't arrived yet, so it's possible the clothes are really low quality, but since they're going to get disgusting in school anyway, I don't care.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Woot.com is awesome for electronics.

Yesterday they were having a deal on factory refurbished Macbook Pros. They often do deals on laptops and tablets, so keep an eye out!
 
I buy most of my scrubs at Garden Ridge (a department type store with various things). They have a huge selection of scrubs and they are all $6.99 or less! They have a website but online shopping isn't available, so this would really only be helpful if there is one of these stores near you.
 
I just got my stethoscope from Medisave.net, plus I got a coupon code from liking them on Facebook (and free engraving). Also, I got my suit for my interview from the Limited during a sale last summer; it was something like 40% off and it's an awesome suit.
 
So I figured we could have a thread on deals and steals we find for various things we need such as interview attire, new laptops and the like.

Just recently Ann Taylor has implemented a 20% discount in stores if you show a current student ID. Loft, Ann Taylor's younger more business casual counterpart has implemented a 15% student discount with ID in store. Both make tailored women's clothing in many different fits for different women. I know that the Loft discount is stackable on top of others. Meaning they were having a 60% off sale on causal summer wear and with the student discount my purchase was 75% off.

I know some schools have implemented a dress code too so if you need professional wear don't forget your student ID!

I love Ann Taylor. One of my favorite designers! I had no idea that this company honored a student discount- a stackable one at that. Thanks for the tip, WelshCob! I'll need to remember that 😉
 
Also, if you hold out buying an interview suit until Thanksgiving, you can get some really really great deals on Black Friday sales. I was able to get my entire interview suit (skirt and jacket) for $50. Of course, I hadn't actually been invited to an interview yet, and I spent a good two months worrying that I'd jinxed myself lol.
 
My mom and I use Groupon for great deals on all kinds of things. Just the other day I ordered a queen sized comforter set for my new apartment for only $70, when it was originally priced at $150! I also got a really nice towel set very cheap. They have deals on all kinds of things, so I definitely recommend checking it out!
 
I have a code for 20% off one item or 30% off two items at Ann Taylor. It should be a multi-use code. I dunno if it can combine with a student discount or not, but it's worth a shot I guess. It says it isn't valid for "power pieces suit collection" as well as a few other random things.

If you want the code (and have posted here before) then send me a PM and I'll dish. I just don't want to share with the entire internets.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got my stethoscope from Medisave.net, plus I got a coupon code from liking them on Facebook (and free engraving). Also, I got my suit for my interview from the Limited during a sale last summer; it was something like 40% off and it's an awesome suit.

Our incoming freshman class last year did a bulk order through them and liked them via facebook to get a MASSIVE discount. I think each of our scopes (Littman Cardio III w/ engraving) were about $125 each.