STEP 1 online course suggestions? (DIT vs Becker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shoot4thestarz

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have not taken any online prep or in person prep courses yet for the USMLE STEP 1.

I am studying independently so far mainly from FA and supplementing with Pathoma.

Does anyone suggest adding DIT videos or Becker online or Kaplan videos? If so, how helpful or useful were any of these options? (I have a few months to study so lots of time)

Please help, I have been studying on my own (no study buddies etc either) and it has not been going well. I plan to take an in person Kaplan prep course at some point just to be a review once I'm done studying and feel right about ready to take the exam. Then just write it.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have tried them all and can't recommend any. I do like Boards and Beyonds, as well as Osmosis, although I have only seen their Youtube videos. Even then, I find them more helpful (and cheaper) than the ones mentioned above.

Reactions: 1 user
Same, I'm using Boards and beyond and I find it helpful.

Can't recommend boards and beyond enough! DIT seemed meh to me, but I never watched more than a few of the videos. Haven't really ever even met someone who used Becker, so I assumed there was a reason for that. I'm also annoyed/bitter at the fact that as I've gotten closer to my test date, the more emails I've gotten from Becker advertising their CPA course. Never done any accounting and the emails started literally the month I started preparing for step.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks all, I will look into Boards & Beyond never heard of it before! For anyone that has done DIT how is it? Becker? Maybe the rest of us can learn from your feedback =)

I have tried them all and can't recommend any. I do like Boards and Beyonds, as well as Osmosis, although I have only seen their Youtube videos. Even then, I find them more helpful (and cheaper) than the ones mentioned above.
PS: @LyMed you are famous!--just saw your youtube channel haha congrats bud!

PS: @LyMed you are famous!--just saw your youtube channel haha congrats bud!
Haha, thank you. As your previous question: I thought DIT didn't teach, it just read First Aid facts to you. Becker's did a better job at teaching but was too comprehensive and I couldn't get through it.

Reactions: 1 users
DIT was an absolute waste of money. They don't refund your money if you don't like the service either.

DIT is a superficial review of FA, and FA it self is pretty superficial.