Step 2 cs , june 20th score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amashino

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
About 3 weeks to go and I'm super anxious, everyday I remember new mistakes I have made and it makes me even more anxious. Anybody in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

IMG. Passed. CIS stars all in higher performance area. ICE has stars covering borderline grey area but not exceeding into lower performance. Anyone know what that means?

Reactions: 1 user
Lol thanks for liking my post Mikracaz. BTW nice avatar. I guess today is perfectenschlag :D

I passed with high performance across all areas (* for English obviously) and was actually surprised to see I had no stars close to the borderline area. I was only confident about my diagnoses in about 3 patient encounters. Everything else was vague and I couldn't pinpoint which one was #1. Clearly, do not stress TOO much about this as I did really well on ICE. I made sure to fill in my notes as much as possible, even things that didn't seem too important. If you asked the SP and they answered, you better document it. I have no idea how this is graded but my notes must have been good because they were detailed. My PEs sucked I think and I just did what was necessary lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IMG. Passed. CIS stars all in higher performance area. ICE has stars covering borderline grey area but not exceeding into lower performance. Anyone know what that means?

The gray area indicates HIGH FAIL/LOW PASS something like that. If you scroll down all the way on your score report it explains that a bit more. Don't worry about it, you passed. No one else sees the starts except for you. It's just to give you an idea of how you performed.

I passed with high performance across all areas (* for English obviously) and was actually surprised to see I had no stars close to the borderline area. I was only confident about my diagnoses in about 3 patient encounters. Everything else was vague and I couldn't pinpoint which one was #1. Clearly, do not stress TOO much about this as I did really well on ICE. I made sure to fill in my notes as much as possible, even things that didn't seem too important. If you asked the SP and they answered, you better document it. I have no idea how this is graded but my notes must have been good because they were detailed. My PEs sucked I think and I just did what was necessary lol.
Congratulations! I think my notes were the problem, they were shorter than the sample notes I saw during prep. I used to get done with my note with a couple of minutes to spare each encounter. Well obviously it was good enough to pass. If I can pass with my deficient and short notes, then so can anyone. Good luck to everyone!

PASSED!!! God bless the Step 3 trick!!!

Took CS on May 3 in Houston. AMG, Step 1 240, Step 2 CK 266, Step 2 CS Pass, AOA, honored all clerkships. Ready to kick the residency interview trail in the d***.

PASSED!!! God bless the Step 3 trick!!!

Took CS on May 3 in Houston. AMG, Step 1 240, Step 2 CK 266, Step 2 CS Pass, AOA, honored all clerkships. Ready to kick the residency interview trail in the d***.
Awesome scores. What specialty are you aiming for?

Anyone still waiting on their score?
Man they need to make a system where they release everyone's score for a certain time period on the same day. Its kind of stupid that everyone is kept in the dark about when their score will be released even though its been several weeks since the exam.

Man they need to make a system where they release everyone's score for a certain time period on the same day. Its kind of stupid that everyone is kept in the dark about when their score will be released even though its been several weeks since the exam.
Agree! The anxiety is killing me. I am preparing for my CK pre-qualification exam which is on Friday and its so hard to concentrate. I hope I dont have to wait another week.

(Took my exam in Philly on April 23) Shout out to that guy who made a joke that went something like: "4 out of 3 people fail CS". I was so nervous I did not even understand the joke... but thank you!!! Seeing you smile after many of the patient encounters helped me pass!! whoever you are thank youu!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Passed as well. AMG, took test in LA on April 9. Print permit disappeared on Sunday, and I got the email at 10:26am central time. Step 3 trick worked for me.

Congrats to those that passed and for those that didn't hang in there! We're all in this together!

Passed as well. AMG, took test in LA on April 9. Print permit disappeared on Sunday, and I got the email at 10:26am central time. Step 3 trick worked for me.

Congrats to those that passed and for those that didn't hang in there! We're all in this together!

As a curious US IMG, do AMGs actually study for CS? I've heard of people saying they just read the format of the exam the day before the exam and that was it. Walked in, walked out, and passed. I am sure it varies from AMG to AMG but still am curious to know.

As a curious US IMG, do AMGs actually study for CS? I've heard of people saying they just read the format of the exam the day before the exam and that was it. Walked in, walked out, and passed. I am sure it varies from AMG to AMG but still am curious to know.
True for me. Literally didn’t touch a single resource except the bulletin of information that the USMLE puts out. Showed up and there were so many IMGs sweating bullets lol. One IMG told me he stayed in Houston for weeks preparing for CS. I was shocked. Guess I take our MD school training for granted lol

True for me. Literally didn’t touch a single resource except the bulletin of information that the USMLE puts out. Showed up and there were so many IMGs sweating bullets lol. One IMG told me he stayed in Houston for weeks preparing for CS. I was shocked. Guess I take our MD school training for granted lol

I think for non-US IMGs its intimidating mostly because of the CIS portion, which requires them to speak to and relate to patients in English, and on top of that in the local US lingo. Even if someone from overseas is able to speak English perfectly, remembering to say the right stuff etc can be stressful. In terms of physical exam skills etc I think IMGs especially from Asian countries are trained very well. But the physical exam is not that elaborate in the CS. I myself spent about 4-5 days studying for it, but I suppose I was more comfortable with my communication and interaction skills since I'm from the US.

Last edited:

A lot of IMGs take very expensive courses to prepare for the CS. I think its pretty unnecessary. I suppose when they see other IMGs taking the course, they automatically think they need to take it too, or else they'll fail. And these CS prep companies obviously take full advantage of that.

Passed, IMG from Russia, guys there is nothing like CIS in Russia, so it's really hard to teach yourself how to be a good American doc, and in my country, all training is in russian so I have to express empathy in foreign language, and the thing is I don't do it even in my native language

Passed, IMG from Russia, guys there is nothing like CIS in Russia, so it's really hard to teach yourself how to be a good American doc, and in my country, all training is in russian so I have to express empathy in foreign language, and the thing is I don't do it even in my native language
Lol so you’re basically admitting you’re not empathetic? Sick brah, you’re going to make a great doctor. If it’s hard for you to pick up on genuine empathy in English/Russian, I hope sarcasm is easier for you to detect

Lol so you’re basically admitting you’re not empathetic? Sick brah, you’re going to make a great doctor. If it’s hard for you to pick up on genuine empathy in English/Russian, I hope sarcasm is easier for you to detect
East European countries have other mentality, people are not so tender there, smiling less then here. That's doesn't mean that he is bad doctor or doesn't have empathy, just not used to express it. If you would act in Russia as in US, patients decide you are weird. No need to be rude.

East European countries have other mentality, people are not so tender there, smiling less then here. That's doesn't mean that he is bad doctor or doesn't have empathy, just not used to express it. If you would act in Russia as in US, patients decide you are weird. No need to be rude.
Yeah, but I’m not trying to practice in Russia, so that’s an illogical argument. You want to come here? Then act how our doctors should act; with empathy and care for the patient.

Hello Everyone,

I passed my CS on June 20 result day. Thank god. Passed my Step 1 last year. Wrote my CK two-weeks ago and waiting on my result.

I have a quick question. My CK result is expected on July 4 Wednesday. I know that USMLE don't release result on week of July 4. So the result will come out on July 11.

Do you think the FSMB trick will work or not to find out whether I passed my CK? Currently while applying for Step 3, website is saying that I am not eligible. If it works then do I get to know the pass or fail on Monday July 2nd? or Monday July 9th?

Please let me know.

Anybody knows if the step 3 trick work if you are waiting for CK? I think i should be getting my CK score next week and I was wondering if I should do this trick on Monday next week:D

Hey. I am in same boat as that of yours. Do you know if step 3 trick works for CK? I am expecting my CK result on July4 Wednesday. I read they don't release scores that week. I am hoping to know if I passed or failed before the result day.

Hey. I am in same boat as that of yours. Do you know if step 3 trick works for CK? I am expecting my CK result on July4 Wednesday. I read they don't release scores that week. I am hoping to know if I passed or failed before the result day.
yes it works

Mine updated at 5AM EST. Has your “print permit” button disappeared from the NBME website?
I am an IMG. I use ECFMG website. I think it is little different than NBME (for AMG). My permit link is still there. I think I need to wait till next Monday maybe. This Wednesday is Holiday (July 4). They will not release result this week. I was hoping they update FSMB website today that way I will know whether I am pass of fail.

Hello Everyone,

I passed my CS on June 20 result day. Thank god. Passed my Step 1 last year. Wrote my CK two-weeks ago and waiting on my result.

I have a quick question. My CK result is expected on July 4 Wednesday. I know that USMLE don't release result on week of July 4. So the result will come out on July 11.

Do you think the FSMB trick will work or not to find out whether I passed my CK? Currently while applying for Step 3, website is saying that I am not eligible. If it works then do I get to know the pass or fail on Monday July 2nd? or Monday July 9th?

Please let me know.
I’m also waiting for the CK score, I took the exam on 06/21 and I tried the FSMB trick but it says I’m not elegible and it is making me more nervous than before. I hope I get my score tomorrow to get over with.

I’m also waiting for the CK score, I took the exam on 06/21 and I tried the FSMB trick but it says I’m not elegible and it is making me more nervous than before. I hope I get my score tomorrow to get over with.

Hey Katpao, I am still getting the same message saying that I am not eligible for step 3. What about you? Are you an IMG as well?

Hey Katpao, I am still getting the same message saying that I am not eligible for step 3. What about you? Are you an IMG as well?
Hello! I’m also an IMG, the message changed today, it allowed me to start the step 3 application so maybe I’ll get my score tommorow. Did you checked today because yesterday I got the message that I wasn’t elegible.

Hi so im an IMG I just wanted to clarify if you try the step 3 trick the Sunday before your exam results releasing on Wednesday it will definitely say you are not eligible. However if you try Monday and if it says you can't register it will be fore 2 reasons 1 you didn't pass or your score won't be released this week. If you are eligible on Monday that's means you passed ? Took my exam on June 11th. and the exam reporting happens on August 15th. So August 13th is when I should try it because I check tonight Sunday and I'm not eligible :/ and freaking out. Any help would be much appreciated !!

Is the step 3 thing working for anyone today or yesterday?
My status hasnt changed at all. Freaking out here. Does this mean I failed? :(

Is the step 3 thing working for anyone today or yesterday?
My status hasnt changed at all. Freaking out here. Does this mean I failed? :(
It appears to not be working for anyone so far. Not here, and not on the facebook group. It’s nerve racking, but i hope that gives you some calm.

Reactions: 2 users