Army Step 2 CS / Level 2 PE HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Firenze222

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the deadline to submit Step 2 CS / Level 2 PE scores for HPSP is sometime in Feb of 4th year.

My question is, how much difference does it make in terms of the military residency app to have passed the CS/PE by the time of October application deadline vs. have the score pending or take the CS/PE post residency app submission?

Members don't see this ad.

If you're a marginal candidate and can score well it could help. If you've done well on Step 1 and bomb step 2 it could hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

If you're a marginal candidate and can score well it could help. If you've done well on Step 1 and bomb step 2 it could hurt.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm referring to CK/PE which is graded pass/fail not the written part of Step 2/Level 2.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm referring to CK/PE which is graded pass/fail not the written part of Step 2/Level 2.

Oops, missed that. Has no impact on your app if you haven't taken it. Everybody is assumed they will pass (although every year a few will fail). If you take it before and fail that could hurt an app.