USMLE Step 2 CS physical exam videos + study guide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CingulateGyro

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been working on a Step 2 resource of all study materials I compiled when I was preparing for the exam last year. I am still working on the resources CK and shelf exams, but I wanted to share what I have written about Step 2 CS!

I went a little overkill studying for CS after hearing horror stories of people not matching because of it and I wanted to review the resources for Step 2 CS out there.

I also made a list of the youtube videos of physical exam maneuvers on Step 2 CS. I hope this helps serve as a quick reference (especially for the "special tests" like Lachman, Empty Can, Brudzinski's etc). for those taking their tests this summer.

I also included a copy of my score report for transparency. Nothing about my exam was perfect but I passed pretty comfortably. If anyone has any specific questions about how to prepare for CS, please feel free to PM me!! I hope you all find these resources helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 11.10.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 11.10.54 AM.png
    47 KB · Views: 604
Reactions: 1 users
How I passed the USMLE Step 2
CS with CSE Video and got stars

As I went to prepare for the cs I could not find any really good study material or at least nothing that was a direct hit to what the exam was going to be like, I read mixed reviews on every company out there live courses, online, tutors etc. I decided to go with CSE Video for 4 months and my actual exam experience was a mirror reflection of what I watched in CSE Videos. I have been asked by several people what I used so I decided to write this up.

I sat for my cs exam in los Angeles in May and got my results in July 2018

I am 2nd career American student, and I did my med school in the Caribbean, although they give us some classes nothing extensive on the cs exam, I was concerned about my ability to pass on the first attempt.

A little about me, I am retired accountant and wanted to do something different. At my age it was hard to get through med school and all the required studies and exams. But being a single dad and really wanted a different lifestyle in terms of the work I do, I decided to go to a Caribbean medical school and I’m glad I did.

CSE Video with the first aid paid off big time, I passed with stars and while I was taking the exam I was confident despite my minimal history in the medical field. I am writing this post because I think a lot of people struggle with the right material for the cs and I can say based on my score result and my experience you cant go wrong with CSE Video and the first aid, any edition of the fa will work. You welcomed to ask any questions I’m happy to help

Good luck

@theArmy
I have the same type of question. english tutors are very high in price, live courses will not help me with just sep. I am like the others I watched cnn news to learn some good words and how usa english is spoken and used. I did five months of just watching csevideo and listened to all the audio and did pass my sep, and did higher performance in ice and cis portion of cs exam, I have medium accent from Jordan, and I use um often so now I learned not use um very much and the words I needed to use for the cs exam I can find in csevideo this is my suggestion and my experience.

Reactions: 1 user