1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Step 2

Discussion in 'Ophthalmology: Eye Physicians & Surgeons' started by 4424, Nov 18, 2005.

1. 4424

4424 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hi. I did search the forum first but my question wasn't quite answered so I apologize in advance if it had been addressed.

If you choose to take your step 2 early (july/aug) is it mandatory that you report your score? I am not sure how the applications work so I was curious if you do not do so well if it automatically gets reported or not.

Thanks in advance and good luck to all that are interviewing!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. eyestar

eyestar Member
    10+ Year Member

Sf CAS application for ophtho when I applied asks you if you have taken steps 1, 2, 3 and if so, how many attempts and the scores.
    So, if you didn't have your score by the time of app, you could leave it blank. Otherwise, you have to include it.
    Also, if you are confident that your step 2 score will be a good one, take it early. Step 2 is easier than step1

4. Redhawk

Redhawk Fellow
    7+ Year Member

Perhaps. However some people, like me, actually score worse on step 2. 29 points to be exact in my case. My dean was willing to take the score out of my dean's letter.