Step 2cs December 2018 score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AMG 4th year here. Decided to start this for anyone stressing during the ridiculous waiting period for step 2 cs! I made a post about some of the things I did wrong, then deleted it because no one can tell me if I failed or not. Also, people telling me to not stress because I will more than likely pass was also not helpful as we all know someone who “surprisingly” failed. I’ve been losing sleep since test day since at this point I’m convinced there’s no way I passed and wishing I can just take it over one more time. Also really bummed about continuing interviews at this point. So for anyone in my position, you’re not alone! here’s to positive thinking and relaxing thoughts until dec 12 2018!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
AMG 4th year here. Decided to start this for anyone stressing during the ridiculous waiting period for step 2 cs! I made a post about some of the things I did wrong, then deleted it because no one can tell me if I failed or not. Also, people telling me to not stress because I will more than likely pass was also not helpful as we all know someone who “surprisingly” failed. I’ve been losing sleep since test day since at this point I’m convinced there’s no way I passed and wishing I can just take it over one more time. Also really bummed about continuing interviews at this point. So for anyone in my position, you’re not alone! here’s to positive thinking and relaxing thoughts until dec 12 2018!

Hey man I know what you are feeling. Going into all these interviews with that nagging feeling that the cs exam is possibly one thing that could prevent you from matching is agonizing. I’m just trying to ignore it during this next month. Plenty of time to panic when the date gets closer. Here’s to hoping you, me, and everyone else who took this worthless excuse of a test passed.

Reactions: 3 users
i‘m in the exact same position, think it went ok but i‘m trying not to think too much about it... doesn‘t help beating myself up over something i can‘t change anymore. just hoping we all passed...

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
With you all here. Trying my best to just enjoy the interviews and travel, but it’s a constant itch in the back of my mind. Here’s hoping for passes all around!

Reactions: 1 users
Guys, I'm sorry to be a little bit off-topic, but can you please tell me at what time does the exam finish? I have mine in Philadelphia in the am (7:45am), and need to plan my trip. So I would appreciate it very much if you would tell me at what time did you leave the testing center.

Thanks!

Guys, I'm sorry to be a little bit off-topic, but can you please tell me at what time does the exam finish? I have mine in Philadelphia in the am (7:45am), and need to plan my trip. So I would appreciate it very much if you would tell me at what time did you leave the testing center.

Thanks!
Took the test in Atlanta started at 7:45 finished around 3:30

Last edited:
If worse case scenario I fail Step 2 CS when I find out on the 12th of December do you all think I can pull it off to reschedule it and take it again by the 31st of December so I would get my results back by January 30th to be good to go for the rank list deadline?

If worse case scenario I fail Step 2 CS when I find out on the 12th of December do you all think I can pull it off to reschedule it and take it again by the 31st of December so I would get my results back by January 30th to be good to go for the rank list deadline?

No idea. Just wait for your result dude. The moment you know it, god forbid a fail, u can then scramble to try to get a date.

Members don't see this ad :)
hate this stupid test. I don't even want to think about the scrabble to follow if I fail this bull**** of a test. Never thought this test would be the one at the gate but here it is, guarding the entrance into residency. 16 days to go.

Reactions: 1 user
hate this stupid test. I don't even want to think about the scrabble to follow if I fail this bull**** of a test. Never thought this test would be the one at the gate but here it is, guarding the entrance into residency. 16 days to go.

I hear ya. The damn thing keeps creeping into my head even though I try not to think about it. It’s seriously giving me a complex. I just think the wait is the issue. Someone over at the nbme should at least acknowledge that this wait time is beyond ridiculous. 1 month, is all it should really take. If your going to **** us over with the all the money and travel all in the guise of gauging our so called clinical skill competency at least have the damn decency to keep in mind the damn anxiety this test causes every damn year. Every god damn rotation almost all students do well when it comes to the stuff they’re testing us in, those who don’t, don’t do well on the rotation and either remediate it or learn and change their style. This is not to mention the damn osces all our schools make us do. Why the hell is our generation being given this bs test anyway? Most of my attendings are great when it comes to clinical skills and didn’t have to take this bull****. God this test has gotten me so wound up, I know I probably passed, but the god damn nebulous criteria they use to grade us is just killing me and everyone else here who has to wait. Wonder how many days my life and others has shortened because of this. NBME can go ****themselves.

Reactions: 4 users
Does the whole “permit link disappearing on Monday means getting result on Wednesday” work for CS the same way it works for step 1 and 2 ck?

I remember it worked for my step 1 but I’m unable to find any permit link at all for my step 2 cs. Infact, this permit was actually emailed to me. There was never a link in the first place.

Do you guys think almost everyone gets the result on the first day of the reporting period? I took my exam on oct 11 (sort of in the middle of the testing period). Should I definitely be getting the result this Wednesday?

Does the whole “permit link disappearing on Monday means getting result on Wednesday” work for CS the same way it works for step 1 and 2 ck?

I remember it worked for my step 1 but I’m unable to find any permit link at all for my step 2 cs. Infact, this permit was actually emailed to me. There was never a link in the first place.

Do you guys think almost everyone gets the result on the first day of the reporting period? I took my exam on oct 11 (sort of in the middle of the testing period). Should I definitely be getting the result this Wednesday?

I have a print permit link...

I gave my exam on 28th october.
Should I expect my result on this wednesday that is, 12 dec, or on 19th?

Guys it’s normal to have the permit link available right now. My permit link for step 1 disappeared late Monday night (EST) before the Wednesday I got my result.

Now could any IMG please explain to me where to look for the permit link for CS on ECFMG’s website? TIA

Guys it’s normal to have the permit link available right now. My permit link for step 1 disappeared late Monday night (EST) before the Wednesday I got my result.

Now could any IMG please explain to me where to look for the permit link for CS on ECFMG’s website? TIA
Ok so type iwa ecfmg in google and then hit oasis link under print/reprint documents. After that hit the third link on the left that says USMLE application information and you’ll see on the bottom

Took it early November so it looks like I won't get it this week...
Now I’m trying that secret thing to see if you can register for step 3 and tormenting myself even though I know it’s not supposed to change til like tomorrow. Do yourself a favor and just wait til you get an email on the Wednesday you get released. Less cortisol.

My permit is now gone. Looks like it’s a go for this Weds.
Is the link gone? Mine says step 2 cs scheduling permit is sent to applicants after they are registered for step 2 Cs. You can not print a scheduling permit because you are not currently registered for step 2 cs. I took mine September 9th

Is the link gone? Mine says step 2 cs scheduling permit is sent to applicants after they are registered for step 2 Cs. You can not print a scheduling permit because you are not currently registered for step 2 cs. I took mine September 9th
There’s no link, nothing. Big blank.

I think I remember my friend telling me a while back when he got his score in the last period that he had that similar message too. He got his score that week and passed just fine IIRC. I’m like 95 percent on this.