Step 2cs December 2018 score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AMG 4th year here. Decided to start this for anyone stressing during the ridiculous waiting period for step 2 cs! I made a post about some of the things I did wrong, then deleted it because no one can tell me if I failed or not. Also, people telling me to not stress because I will more than likely pass was also not helpful as we all know someone who “surprisingly” failed. I’ve been losing sleep since test day since at this point I’m convinced there’s no way I passed and wishing I can just take it over one more time. Also really bummed about continuing interviews at this point. So for anyone in my position, you’re not alone! here’s to positive thinking and relaxing thoughts until dec 12 2018!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
oh! Not sure about the legitimacy of re-applying thing. So be optimistic till you see it with your own eyes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am USMD and i tried to reapply but it wont let me. it says i have an active registration. Did any other USMD try reapplying?

Same, also a USMD. My eligibility period expires January 2019. My permit link is still there as well (tested early October).
I am USMD and i tried to reapply but it wont let me. it says i have an active registration. Did any other USMD try reapplying?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I tested mid October and my scheduling permit link was present on this past weekend, but the link is now gone.

Also, I tried the 'register for Step 3' trick. I'm an MS4 and received an ineligibility message just now. I'm going to be shocked if I failed CS, and I think it's more likely that I failed to meet the other requirement of MD or DO degree. Long story short, I don't know if it's a fair hole to exploit if you're not a degree-carrying applicant for Step 3. I'll share if I fail CS. Should make a sheet for this stuff.

Per the website:
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
  • Pass USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CK and Step 2 CS; and
  • Possess an MD, DO or equivalent degree (for recent graduates, apply only after the date of graduation on your diploma; otherwise your application will be cancelled and a portion of your fees will be forfeited); and
  • If a graduate of a medical school outside of the US or Canada, obtain ECFMG certification (apply only after the issue date on your ECFMG certificate; otherwise your application will be cancelled and a portion of your fees will be forfeited); and
  • All examinees are limited to six (6) total attempts; and
  • All examinees are limited to three attempts within a 12-month period; and
  • 4th and subsequent attempts must be at least 12 months after your first attempt and at least six months after your most recent attempt.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should read the post by reality19 on page 2. He is MS4 and could apply for step three a day before his CS result came out. It can be true but not always :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hope that trick starts working soon for you guys! I am so nervous :(. I couldn't sleep last night and have been unable to focus. Don't know how I'll get through my interview tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t know if this will work for everyone. I’m an American MD student Go to fsmb click fcvs. Create an account. Start an application. Under education/certification click examination history. My result shows up. Took test 11/2 and my permit disappeared Sunday evening sometime.

Reactions: 8 users
I don’t know if this will work for everyone. I’m an American MD student Go to fsmb click fcvs. Create an account. Start an application. Under education/certification click examination history. My result shows up. Took test 11/2 and my permit disappeared Sunday evening sometime.

Yay!!! I passed!!!!!!!

Thank you for this!! This is amazing! It works. I'm an American MD 4th year student as well. I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

AMG here. Failed first CS attempt over 6 months ago. Retook mid-Oct. Permit link disappeared yesterday. Tried the Step 3 trick even though I'm still enrolled in medical school, it also says:

Step 2 CS
Most recent date taken: 10/***/2018
Number of attempts: 2
Pass/Fail Status: Pass

Hopefully the result will be good tomorrow? I have 4 more internal medicine interviews this cycle!!

Where is start an application?

Step 2 CS
Most recent date taken: 09/27/2018
Number of attempts: 1
Pass/Fail Status: Pass
Happyyyyyyyyyyy

Worked for me as well. Not to be a downer, but lets try to withold judgment unless someone's FCVS either shows "fail" or does not show up when it should. Good luck to all for the result tomorrow!

Yeah I don’t know how to do this
Never mind got it. I passed. Halallalalhua.

For those trying to make it work. Go to this hyperlink. Sign in when there.

My FSMB - Home

Scroll down to down to credinitialing services and click on FCVS. Click on the continue button. On the right side of the page you should see a drop down menu. Click on educationa & certification, and under than click on examination history. All your prior step exams are posted with the result.

Reactions: 3 users
Damn feel the anxiety just exiting my body in waves. Well celebrating tonight with some drinks and mind numbing video games all night. Best of luck to those still waiting, I hope none of you have to take this crap again.

Reactions: 1 users
Worked for me as well. Not to be a downer, but lets try to withold judgment unless someone's FCVS either shows "fail" or does not show up when it should. Good luck to all for the result tomorrow!
Why? Do you think "Pass" is the default haha
This is the Step 3 website, I think it's fairly reputable

I had to take this exam two times!
People really dont understand the meaning on PASS until after you receive a fail.

Reactions: 4 users
Well we are already have one person state they have “undetermined “ as their result so it looks like they update the result. Seems reputable to me.