Step 2cs December 2018 score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AMG 4th year here. Decided to start this for anyone stressing during the ridiculous waiting period for step 2 cs! I made a post about some of the things I did wrong, then deleted it because no one can tell me if I failed or not. Also, people telling me to not stress because I will more than likely pass was also not helpful as we all know someone who “surprisingly” failed. I’ve been losing sleep since test day since at this point I’m convinced there’s no way I passed and wishing I can just take it over one more time. Also really bummed about continuing interviews at this point. So for anyone in my position, you’re not alone! here’s to positive thinking and relaxing thoughts until dec 12 2018!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok so type iwa ecfmg in google and then hit oasis link under print/reprint documents. After that hit the third link on the left that says USMLE application information and you’ll see on the bottom

Thanks a tonne! I just checked...

Is the link gone? Mine says step 2 cs scheduling permit is sent to applicants after they are registered for step 2 Cs. You can not print a scheduling permit because you are not currently registered for step 2 cs. I took mine September 9th

... and this is the exact message I see when I open the permit link.

What does that mean? Result this Wednesday or not?

Yep my permit link is gone now. That simply means we’re gett the result this week right?

Are you talking about this link to be gone?
“Your USMLE Step 2 CS Scheduling Permit was sent to your email address or mailing address of record on the Scheduling Permit Sent date indicated above.

If you did not receive your USMLE Step 2 CS Scheduling Permit, you can click here to reprint the permit.”

Are you talking about this link to be gone?
“Your USMLE Step 2 CS Scheduling Permit was sent to your email address or mailing address of record on the Scheduling Permit Sent date indicated above.

If you did not receive your USMLE Step 2 CS Scheduling Permit, you can click here to reprint the permit.”

So when log into the nbme there is a black box that says step 2 cos. In it there used to be a blue box link that says permit. That is no longer present. Eventually a different blue box link that says score report will appear with our results.

Is the link gone? Mine says step 2 cs scheduling permit is sent to applicants after they are registered for step 2 Cs. You can not print a scheduling permit because you are not currently registered for step 2 cs. I took mine September 9th
Same for me. Took on 26th october

Members don't see this ad :)
What if we try re-applying for Step 2Cs, does that provide any info?

It says ''Our records indicate that you are already registered for this Step or Step Component. You may not apply for a Step or Step Component if you are already registered for that Step or Step Component. If you fail a Step or Step Component, you may submit another application for this exam, but certain attempt limits and time limits apply when retaking a Step or Step Component. For detailed information, refer to Reexamination and Reapplication in the ECFMG Information Booklet and Number of Attempts and Time Limits and Retaking Failed Examinations in the USMLE Bulletin of Information.'

What if we try re-applying for Step 2Cs, does that provide any info?

It says ''Our records indicate that you are already registered for this Step or Step Component. You may not apply for a Step or Step Component if you are already registered for that Step or Step Component. If you fail a Step or Step Component, you may submit another application for this exam, but certain attempt limits and time limits apply when retaking a Step or Step Component. For detailed information, refer to Reexamination and Reapplication in the ECFMG Information Booklet and Number of Attempts and Time Limits and Retaking Failed Examinations in the USMLE Bulletin of Information.'

Doubt that tells you anything. All it means is your registration from your exam date is still active. I guess if you are able to re-register that could mean you failed? But again not sure. Unfortunately none of these tricks actually work. The step 3 trick above has been claimed to only work for IMGs who have graduated. We’re just gonna have to wait.

Doubt that tells you anything. All it means is your registration from your exam date is still active. I guess if you are able to re-register that could mean you failed? But again not sure. Unfortunately none of these tricks actually work. The step 3 trick above has been claimed to only work for IMGs who have graduated. We’re just gonna have to wait.

Oh! So I'm a graduated IMG. So my only hope is if my score in not released this wednesday.
However since the permit link says ' step 2 cs scheduling permit is sent to applicants after they are registered for step 2 Cs. You can not print a scheduling permit because you are not currently registered for step 2 cs.", means I'm going to have a bad news.
Also, my exam wasn't good, at all, so only substantiating the above info.

Oh! So I'm a graduated IMG. So my only hope is if my score in not released this wednesday.
However since the permit link says ' step 2 cs scheduling permit is sent to applicants after they are registered for step 2 Cs. You can not print a scheduling permit because you are not currently registered for step 2 cs.", means I'm going to have a bad news.
Also, my exam wasn't good, at all, so only substantiating the above info.

You could also just relax and wait. That's an option.

Step 3 trick only works if you have completed all the other components of Usmle. Meaning, if you’re checking it for CS, you should have already successfully passed step 1 & 2 ck.
(For example, I haven’t taken CK yet so I know it won’t work for me right now for CS).
Also, for step 3 trick, you should have already graduated from medical school. This is because you’re not eligible to take step 3 while in the medical school so the trick wouldn’t work even if you have passed the exam for which you’re checking. This means automatically it won’t apply to US medical students.

Step 3 trick only works if you have completed all the other components of Usmle. Meaning, if you’re checking it for CS, you should have already successfully passed step 1 & 2 ck.
(For example, I haven’t taken CK yet so I know it won’t work for me right now for CS).
Also, for step 3 trick, you should have already graduated from medical school. This is because you’re not eligible to take step 3 while in the medical school so the trick wouldn’t work even if you have passed the exam for which you’re checking. This means automatically it won’t apply to US medical students.

Taken all steps. Graduated IMG. So, any other reason, it may not work?

A ray of hope.
It seems ''Step 3 trick working in the early morning of Wednesday . That's what happened during the last reporting period."

Reactions: 1 user
Taken all steps. Graduated IMG. So, any other reason, it may not work?

Not that I know of.
All I can say is that keep trying. It might work very close to the result time- tonight, tomorrow night or maybe even early morning on Wednesday. I know that it does work! I just can’t say how early or how late.

Not that I know of.
All I can say is that keep trying. It might work very close to the result time- tonight, tomorrow night or maybe even early morning on Wednesday. I know that it does work! I just can’t say how early or how late.

Listen not trying to be confrontational, but you haven’t actually given evidence that it works. You want us to take your word, but there is little evidence as far as we can tell from prior years. All I can find is some random posts of some people saying it works, but that’s it. No info of how they did it or when. You probably mean well but your just making some of us more anxious, something we got plenty of already. If you can verify it with actual evidence plz do share but otherwise I’d appreciate it if we drop this while pretense of tricks. We all will know for sure once we get that damn email or change on the nbme site.

Alright thanks.

Guys relax, what's another day or two. I mean you waited this long. Lets try to be supportive of each other and get through this. Permit link still there for me, one day to go. I hate this test

Listen not trying to be confrontational, but you haven’t actually given evidence that it works. You want us to take your word, but there is little evidence as far as we can tell from prior years. All I can find is some random posts of some people saying it works, but that’s it. No info of how they did it or when. You probably mean well but your just making some of us more anxious, something we got plenty of already. If you can verify it with actual evidence plz do share but otherwise I’d appreciate it if we drop this while pretense of tricks. We all will know for sure once we get that damn email or change on the nbme site.

Alright thanks.

I understand where you’re coming from. I agree, its hard to believe things without evidence. I will stay away from this step 3 trick topic.
But for whatever I’ve already posted, I did clarify that the whole thing about step 3 trick does not apply to US medical students anyway, and also not to people who haven’t taken all the other steps even if they have graduated.

Alright thanks.

Yeah step 3 trick works, it worked from early morning Wednesday during August reporting period. But it causes more anexity and works if you are getting the result same day.

Yeah step 3 trick works, it worked from early morning Wednesday during August reporting period. But it causes more anexity and works if you are getting the result same day.

Yeah my bad guys, I’m not trying to be passive aggressive I guess the wait is just starting to get to me a little is all. I really hope we all pass

The stress is really getting to us for this BS exam that does little less than dig into our pockets. Hang in there guys, we shall rejoice come Wednesday God willing.

Interviewing at my potential number one choice tomorrow too ☹️ So trying to focus on what I can change right now.

Not entirely true. It works for US medical students as well. I am a AMG M4 and took the exam back in April- it worked for me (no clue why im still hanging around this part of the forum lol). It will update your status on the eligibility page when you pass, just don't attempt to ACTUALLY register for the exam until you graduate.

Either way, don't freak out guys, the thing didn't even work for me until the day before results were to be released and there is no telling if it even still works.

Best wishes

Not entirely true. It works for US medical students as well. I am a AMG M4 and took the exam back in April- it worked for me (no clue why im still hanging around this part of the forum lol). It will update your status on the eligibility page when you pass, just don't attempt to ACTUALLY register for the exam until you graduate.

Either way, don't freak out guys, the thing didn't even work for me until the day before results were to be released and there is no telling if it even still works.

Best wishes

Can you link the eligibility page? How do we access that?

Can you link the eligibility page? How do we access that?

I have unsuccessfully attempted to post a screenshot of it in the past. I know it has been done in prior threads ( I wish I could make it a sticky for quick access). I just went to the page and will attempt to post the crappy photo I took- It is literally just a screen where you can see the payment due.

My FSMB - Home

I am still a student, so I haven't filled it out yet...but hopefully
IMG_4920.jpeg
you can see that it no longer says ineligible.