About the Ads

jeeva

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2003
Once Upon a Time in America
Status (Visible)
The #2 pencil is overrated. All you need these days is 2 fingers...

Seriously though, I'm also about to take it and I've gotten a wide range of advice, ranging from "don't worry--it's impossible to fail" to "read up on all the basics" to "do as many questions as possible."

The only consistent advice was to make sure to familiarize yourself with the case simulation scenarios (provided on the CD you get when you register) in order to save yourself some time and headache on day 2 of the test.

nadeem

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
www.yahoo.com
Status (Visible)
Hi doc_strange2001,

...I have heard that "crush step 3" is a good book for step III. Also "Boards and Wards" has also been mentioned to me. Has anyone used these books to study for step 3?

thanks,
Ahmed

Chris_Topher

Señor Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2000
very far to the left
Status (Visible)
I havn't taken it yet, but I would study that which you don't see in your internship (OB, Peds, preventative med, etc.) First Aid for Step II would probably be decent preparation - what are they going to ask that isn't in there?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.