Step I Step1 Failed Other options

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

med_sb_student123

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HI

I am a medical student US Citizen (IMG) I recently got my Step 1 score and I failed by 2 marks! 🙁
I'm heart broken but I am determined to practice Medicine in the USA. Do I still have a shot ? I'd like to pursue a career in Neurology.

Thanks,
 
HI

I am a medical student US Citizen (IMG) I recently got my Step 1 score and I failed by 2 marks! 🙁
I'm heart broken but I am determined to practice Medicine in the USA. Do I still have a shot ? I'd like to pursue a career in Neurology.

Thanks,

If you commit to that goal, you'll eventually get it even with the IMG/Failed Step combo with a retake year and research years. Neuro isn't that competitive. The cost will be the extra 2-3+ years in income you would have earned by not being off-track. Whatever you do (whether that's quit medicine or pursue Neurology no matter what) commit to it right now and accept the pros/cons.