Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Step1 IMPRESSIONS!

Discussion in 'Step I' started by Biohazard, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Biohazard

Biohazard Member

How many times did I hear there's no biochem on the test???
    Well, kids, guess what? ABout 25-30% of my exam was pure biochem, with very little relation to medicine.

Good Luck.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tjmolly

tjmolly Junior Member

how well did you do on qbank and usmle cd? good luck on your score, i'll have my fingers crossed for you!

4. Acro Yali

Acro Yali Senior Member

Everyone's test is different. Mine was pretty even...so even that I only got a few questions in my "strong" area-good thing is that you don't get screwed over in your weak area...but bad thing is its really hard to shine in your strong area, especially if the questions are so eclectic. I wish I had the 20-35% biochem test though. That my strong point-that test would probably added 10-20 points to my score.

5. mdphd2b

mdphd2b Hepato-phile

Attending Physician
    Hi Biohazard,

I read somewhere in Qbook that there are 30-35 experimental Qs on Step 1. Maybe yours were heavy in biochem? Don't stress over it! Time to enjoy the rest of your summer!

Good luck to everyone & stay cool :cool:

6. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    I also had a lot of biochem (mainly enzyme) questions, although nowhere near 25-30%.