Steps to getting Admitted into Medical School!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ayoung1029

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just have a question about what makes you stand out when applying for medical school! Should I start doing volunteer/research what year of college? What types of volunteering/research is really good for med school?
 
Go look up my post on "guide to the app process".

You should start your ECs in FR year. You're expected to walk and chew gum at the same time. I recommend starting with some type of clinical volunteering, to see if you really do want to be around sick people.

I just have a question about what makes you stand out when applying for medical school! Should I start doing volunteer/research what year of college? What types of volunteering/research is really good for med school?