Still in the 20s One month left

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ibcdude

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am in the lower 20s by taking TPR diag...I finished the class a month ago but my score seems to not be increasing. Main Trouble is Verbal...I have a month left. Should I not take them?
Ahh I have a lot of anxiety because of this. Any advice. I didn't realize how hard this test would be, even though I studied my ass off.

Members don't see this ad.

So I am in the lower 20s by taking TPR diag...I finished the class a month ago but my score seems to not be increasing. Main Trouble is Verbal...I have a month left. Should I not take them?
Ahh I have a lot of anxiety because of this. Any advice. I didn't realize how hard this test would be, even though I studied my ass off.

TPR tests are hard, and the verbal scores are really NOT representative of your actual score! Have you taken any AAMC exams? If not, then take AAMC 3 and see where you stand. The AAMC exams are the best indicators of your score on test day.

TPR tests are hard, and the verbal scores are really NOT representative of your actual score! Have you taken any AAMC exams? If not, then take AAMC 3 and see where you stand. The AAMC exams are the best indicators of your score on test day.

Thanks a good idea...Ahh I am glad you brought that up.
I have had B8 P7 V4....so I think I will give it a shot.

Be what do you mean by Verbal is not representative of your actual score? Do you mean that with TPR or just in general it will fluctuate?

Verbal is sure killing me..I have Exam101 and I am gonna practice crazy with that...does anybody think ONE month is still sufficient...(just to get around a 30)?

Be what do you mean by Verbal is not representative of your actual score? Do you mean that with TPR or just in general it will fluctuate?

Verbal is sure killing me..I have Exam101 and I am gonna practice crazy with that...does anybody think ONE month is still sufficient...(just to get around a 30)?
It fluctuates but TPR is harder than AAMC generally. EK 101 is a better bet for sure. Take an AAMC before your test change deadline date to determine whether or not you should delay. You can't go up TOO MUCH in two weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you just practicing with the AAMC exams?
I was, I burned 4. My science scores were hovering around 9-10 but the verbal fluctuates between 7 and 9. I just bought GS practice tests and Kaplan FL's as meat shields (AAMC substitutes for practice)...I don't want to use my last 4 AAMC's until closer to the actual date.

What I meant was that TPR verbal is harder than the AAMC verbal. So if you're doing well on the AAMC verbal, your scores on TPR verbal would be a bit lower. EK Verbal 101 is awesome, also try to read many online articles as you can, newspaper articles, etc. Good luck!

What I meant was that TPR verbal is harder than the AAMC verbal. So if you're doing well on the AAMC verbal, your scores on TPR verbal would be a bit lower. EK Verbal 101 is awesome, also try to read many online articles as you can, newspaper articles, etc. Good luck!
Did you find EK101 representative of your AAMC scores?

Did you find EK101 representative of your AAMC scores?

They have a great thread which compares scores of AAMC and EK verbal. The consensus seems to be that EK is a little harder but make sure you are prepared for anything because this past friday was more in line with TPR as far as detailed questions.

They have a great thread which compares scores of AAMC and EK verbal. The consensus seems to be that EK is a little harder but make sure you are prepared for anything because this past friday was more in line with TPR as far as detailed questions.

Sounds like you took the actual test recently. Has anyone practiced with the AAMC exams and found the search function on the verbal section? Why would they have that if they don't provide it on the real test?...unless, Do they provide it on the real test?

I read that there wasn't but it wouldn't hurt to check. I would not use those on your practice though just in case it is not there during the actual exam.

I have been doing way worse on the tpr practice tests in the verbal than in the other sections also. I hope you guys are right that tpr verbal is harder than actual.

Ive found that kaplan tests were much harder than AAMC, and the questions from EK exams were harder as well compared to aamc 3-6. Ive taken those ones so far at least... mcat this saturday haha getting there almost!