still no word from Harvard??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LadyBulldog

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone gotten a secondary or anything from them?!..... isn't it getting kinda late--i've already had one interview and 3 more scheduled, but still no harvard secondary :mad:

do they screen pre-secondary or something?

Members don't see this ad.

They don't screen, it's not out yet, and they're non-rolling, so it's ok. No need to panic, there's no rush. Harvard has been doing this for a long time - don't worry!

I'm pretty sure Harvard likes to make sure everyone knows that they don't have to move until they are good and ready.

Members don't see this ad :)
Relax, take a deep breath, and be patient. Harvard will come.

hehe..thanks guys, y'all are the best!

Got my harvard application today; I'll probably be receiving their rejection within the week ;)

drbriggz said:
Got my harvard application today; I'll probably be receiving their rejection within the week ;)
That's the spirit!

jrdnbenjamin said:
Does it come by email or postal mail?

big packet in postal mail. Nice thing is no essay's, unless you're going for their MIT joint program or MD/PhD. I don't think I'm that smart, so no essays for me. Thanks Harvard!

no essays? SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. less pain in the process of throwing my money to the winds.

Last edited:
nona1 said:
If you're worrying about harvard already you have a looooonnng way to go - last year they didn't even bother sending rejection letters to many applicants. Ever. Some people even called to find out what was up and even after they were told by a human being that a 'second' letter could be mailed and even emailed right that second, they still never heard. Guess harvard hasn't figured out the whole newfangled email mess yet. Or that even more elusive respect and courtesy thing.
Courtesy is for chumps.

Members don't see this ad :)
It comes by snail mail????? why can't harvard just be cool like yale? (partially kidding) :rolleyes:

Are you serious or joking?
You really got mail from Harvard? Has anyone else received this package?

I'm glad that admissions there are non-rolling. Gives me time to take a deep breath before starting.

SeattlePostBach said:
Are you serious or joking?
You really got mail from Harvard? Has anyone else received this package?

I'm glad that admissions there are non-rolling. Gives me time to take a deep breath before starting.

Well don't worry unless you're applying HST or Md/PhD. Otherwise, there are no essays. For HST there is (I believe) just one essay where you have to say 'why HST".

Pretty simple!

-A

I like how Harvard does whatever they want whenever they want how ever they want to do it. I guess that is why I am attracted to this particular school. If I end up there, I can do whatever I want, whenever I want, however I want when ever i want too. They can't complan! :D

Hey, is anyone planning on applying HST? And if so, think there's any chance it's worth taking diff-EQ for? I wanted to be done with math...

dajimmers said:
Hey, is anyone planning on applying HST? And if so, think there's any chance it's worth taking diff-EQ for? I wanted to be done with math...

I'm applying to HST. I didn't know there was a diff-eq requirement...seems as if it's harvard's way to weed normal bio people out from applying to hst. Good thing engineering made me take beyond that.

Anyway, diffeq sucks. A lot. Lots of learning special cases for ways to solve different types of systems of equations. Not the usual type of math I like where you can work your way through problems if you know the basic principles. Plus, computational software packages make this class completely pointless in my opinion.

My reccomendation: find out if hst requires diff-eq before you can apply or before you actually matriculate. Most schools only force you to have their pre-reqs done by the time you matriculate. If that is the case with HST, then just apply and see if you get in, and then if you do, then you can always just take diff-eq during your last semester, or the summer before you matriculate. And if you don't get in, then you'll feel good knowing you didn't waste your time taking an extra (hard) class. :)

Got my copy today by snail mail, looks like my favorite one of the year.

aumed22 said:
Got my copy today by snail mail, looks like my favorite one of the year.

To everyone who has already received the hms secondary: what region of the country do you live?

I live in New England, but still haven’t received it yet.

06applicant said:
To everyone who has already received the hms secondary: what region of the country do you live?

I live in New England, but still haven’t received it yet.

Midwest -- received it yesterday.

i'm in CT and haven't gotten it either

Alabama here, I figured I would be later than those folks in the north, but maybe not

midwest (Nebraska... if you know where that is ;) )

MidAtlantic... nothing here!

Southeast (GA) - nothing here either!

I'm in MA and I haven't gotten anything yet, either. I e-mailed them last week asking when I could expect to get the secondary and the response I got was, "We have just begun sending out secondaries this week. You should receive one soon."

I got mine on Saturday. Chicago

Florida here ... no secondary yet.