Still not verified

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSirGin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my amcas application on the 18th. Not verified yet. Do the schools even receive my application after tomorrow if I'm not verified by then?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my amcas application on the 18th. Not verified yet. Do the schools even receive my application after tomorrow if I'm not verified by then?

It took mine 4 weeks to get verified. If you sent it on 18th October, you still have some time to wait, and hopefully it gets done before November deadlines. Schools will receive a receipt, and depending on the school, will send you secondaries accordingly. Others will wait until they get your verified AMCAS before they send you the secondary materials.

And I believe they get your AMCAS as soon as it's verified.

Members don't see this ad :)
So long as you submitted your application before a schools' deadline, it is considered to have been submitted on time by that school, even if verification is not yet complete until a later date.

^ I would go with this. Shows how little I know of these matters lol. Good luck!

So long as you submitted your application before a schools' deadline, it is considered to have been submitted on time by that school, even if verification is not yet complete until a later date.

What if it doesn't get verified before the Secondary Deadline?

To which schools did you apply that haven't already sent you a Secondary?

Albany Medical College Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine Rosalind Franklin School of Medicine Boston University School of Medicine
I'm still not verified :(

Dartmouth has however sent me their secondary - even though not verified; about 24h after I submitted.

Albany Medical College Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine Rosalind Franklin School of Medicine Boston University School of Medicine
I'm still not verified :(

Dartmouth has however sent me their secondary - even though not verified; about 24h after I submitted.
[With apologies to the OP for the thread hijack]

Considering that you submitted before 10/15 and your transcripts have been received 11/4, there is no reason to think you won't be verified before the earliest of those schools' deadlines (unless you failed to include all your transcripts), which is 12/15 for two of them. The other two give you until January. All of them send Secondaries to everyone, so why not start writing your essays (from the prompts you can find in the School Specific forums) if you haven't already done so, so your turn-around time will be faster.

[With apologies to the OP for the thread hijack]

Considering that you submitted before 10/15 and your transcripts have been received 11/4, there is no reason to think you won't be verified before the earliest of those schools' deadlines (unless you failed to include all your transcripts), which is 12/15 for two of them. The other two give you until January. All of them send Secondaries to everyone, so why not start writing your essays (from the prompts you can find in the School Specific forums) if you haven't already done so, so your turn-around time will be faster.

I submitted 10/29. I guess I'm just stressing. Thanks for the idea of answering the questions beforehand. I didn't know people had posted the questions in those forums.