Still Waiting thread - for us mere mortals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tbo

MS-4
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just wanted to start a thread for those still awaiting word from programs. I consider myself a part of this minority - one interview invite so far and it's already January. Just wanted to give us a venue to vent, share ideas, encourage, and maybe even occasionally bad-mouth the folk that have 20 interviews in that interview thread (and 15 withdrawals in the post-acceptance withdrawal thread) :laugh:.

Members don't see this ad.

still waiting for sinai and mayo, though mayo said they would hopefully be telling me something this week. i called sinai a bunch of times, and they were unhelpful. They said id hear back within 2 weeks, and its been several more than that. i've given up on trying to get through to them, though im hopeful for mayo.

Yeah, still no MSTP acceptances here either. At this point, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed about WashU, hoping that the favorable odds work out in my favor for U. Chicago, and praying to Ross Perot and the Dallas billionaires that UTSW offers me more than just free food and fun during that second interview!
Oh yeah, it'd also be REALLY nice if UCSF and Cornell changed their minds, dug my app out of their trash cans, and offered me interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm fortunate enough to have a couple interviews in the next few weeks, but there are SIX schools that haven't bothered to tell me my fate re: interview/rejection. I mean, come on folks, you've had everything for MONTHS!

Has anyone heard from Northwestern??

I was complete there a while ago, and I feel like they are almost out of interviews. I imagine when I return to my mailbox after break I will have a nice little letter....

Has anyone heard from Northwestern??

I was complete there a while ago, and I feel like they are almost out of interviews. I imagine when I return to my mailbox after break I will have a nice little letter....

They are still giving out invites, and are interviewing into Feb. I hope you get a nice little email instead!

i'm still waiting to hear from NYU - they said final decisions between middle of december and middle of january, and it feels like everyone else has gotten a decision! sigh.

Haha I was in the same boat. Interviewed in early September, and as of the end of December still hadn't received a decision. So, by the time December came around and it seemed like every other person in my interview cohort--and indeed many from subsequent dates--had heard aye or nay, I was getting annoyed. I wrote to Rod Ulane at least three times (he never wrote back to me!) and called the admissions office and spoke to Arlene. That night, I found out I was waitlisted, in what seemed an almost pro forma manner (it was a snippy two-line e-mail from Ulane saying, basically, 'you're waitlisted.') Actually, I was just relieved finally to have heard something! I figured I wasn't getting in if I hadn't heard by that point, but I at least wanted the satisfaction of an actual response.

Haha I was in the same boat. Interviewed in early September, and as of the end of December still hadn't received a decision. So, by the time December came around and it seemed like every other person in my interview cohort--and indeed many from subsequent dates--had heard aye or nay, I was getting annoyed. I wrote to Rod Ulane at least three times (he never wrote back to me!) and called the admissions office and spoke to Arlene. That night, I found out I was waitlisted, in what seemed an almost pro forma manner (it was a snippy two-line e-mail from Ulane saying, basically, 'you're waitlisted.') Actually, I was just relieved finally to have heard something! I figured I wasn't getting in if I hadn't heard by that point, but I at least wanted the satisfaction of an actual response.

i'm so scared to call them now =(

where is the love?

i'm so scared to call them now =(

where is the love?

Yeah, they definitely said by middle of January... which is today. If you don't want to call - I'd suggest emailing Arlene. She might be able to get back to you quicker.

:luck: