Still waitlisted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sicologia

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanting to hear who (like myself) is still waitlisted or waiting to hear from their programs. I know this threads been done before, but it's becoming soooo late in the game that I'm looking for a new count (while biting off all my fingernails). Please share your feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard from NM yet but since I already accepted somewhere it doesn't matter. It would have been nice to know what's going on before April 15th though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting for two programs, but I've already accepted one offer(with funding), is it acceptable if I deny it later?

yes i'm still waiting to hear from all of my programs. i'm starting to lose hope.....

i'm still on the waitlist...they say it may not be positive...not sure what will happen or that it might be just over for me...

I'm still technically waiting on a decision on one school, but I assume they're just being lazy about notifying the rejected people. I didn't get an interview and I know someone who was accepted to the program two months ago.

I just accepted another program's offer anyway, so I'm not too stressed about it, but... April 19th. Seriously.

I interviewed at one program and haven't heard back at all - I emailed a person in the dept yesterday saying that I'm assuming that I haven't gotten accepted, and politely asked if they had any advice on how to improve my app. The woman I emailed said she was forwarding it to someone else who I still haven't heard from - just seems like I can't get an answer! haha oh well, I've been expecting a rejection anyway.

Still waiting for two programs, but I've already accepted one offer(with funding), is it acceptable if I deny it later?

Do you mean declining an offer you're already accepted? Definitely not okay. I don't have the Insider's Guide in front of me, but if I remember correctly, doing that can jeopardize your admission at BOTH programs. APA guidelines basically say that barring unforeseen and catastrophic life circumstances, you can't back out of an offer you've accepted.

If I'm misunderstanding your post, disregard my reply :p

Bluelight, it's not looked highly upon but you definitely can. You need to write a letter/email to the first place you accepted saying you want to decline the offer, wait until they accept your withdrawal, and then you can accept the offer at your second program. I posted the related paragraphs from the Insider's Guide in a different thread which has the actual rules.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=4955637&s#post4955637

My child got off of a wait list and was accepted to a program today, April 19th , so it is still possible!

So I see there's still a glint of hope! Congratulations to your son. You must be proud!

My child got off of a wait list and was accepted to a program today, April 19th , so it is still possible!

Your child?! I didn't know they let children into doctoral programs...:D

Congratulations to him/her!

I think it's great that parents post for their kids, but get your kids on the site to do it for themselves...empower them! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Your child?! I didn't know they let children into doctoral programs...:D

Congratulations to him/her!

I think it's great that parents post for their kids, but get your kids on the site to do it for themselves...empower them! ;)

Oh sure they do, CheetahGirl! You've heard of Doogie Howser, right? :laugh:

I haven't heard from NM yet but since I already accepted somewhere it doesn't matter. It would have been nice to know what's going on before April 15th though.

I got my rejection from NM on the 19th.

As another poster mentioned, I also have not heard back from a school I interviewed at. Follows suit with how I viewed their program...scatterbrained. Glad I wasn't planning on attending.

When I read this thread, I realized that I might still be on a waitlist. I was told that it was "improbable" that I would be offered a spot off the waitlist, and I just took that as a rejection. But I have never gotten an official rejection, so I suppose it's possible I am still waitlisted at that school. I have also still never heard from VT, but they're a little busy right now and I don't expect anything anytime soon.

I've been approaching my mail box with some degree of hesitation for the past week and a half! I'd go through the process of what I would do if I were rejected vs. what would it feel like to get accepted vs. not getting anything at all (which occurred each and every day) until today. Well, now it's official. I just got offered "admission to the PsyD in School Psychology at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine". As you can probably understand, I'm pleased and will be accepting by next week. It's been a bit of a grueling process, so I think I'll just kick back this weekend. Good Luck everyone!:D

... "admission to the PsyD in School Psychology at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine". As you can probably understand, I'm pleased and will be accepting by next week. It's been a bit of a grueling process, so I think I'll just kick back this weekend. Good Luck everyone!:D

Congratulations! Rock on!;)

I've been approaching my mail box with some degree of hesitation for the past week and a half! I'd go through the process of what I would do if I were rejected vs. what would it feel like to get accepted vs. not getting anything at all (which occurred each and every day) until today. Well, now it's official. I just got offered "admission to the PsyD in School Psychology at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine". As you can probably understand, I'm pleased and will be accepting by next week. It's been a bit of a grueling process, so I think I'll just kick back this weekend. Good Luck everyone!:D

Congrats!!

good for you!! the wait is finally over. congrats!!

Congrats! It's a lovely feeling, right?

...to bad mine has worn off and now I'm trying to get my @#%& thesis done and studying for mid-terms! :p

...to bad mine has worn off and now I'm trying to get my @#%& thesis done and studying for mid-terms! :p

What's your thesis on and why are you studying for mid-terms. My school's gearing up for finals this week and graduation next week.

Thanks for the Congrats! Now, it's a race for me to see if I can complete about 6 months worth of work in 3. Take care.