Stipend during residency/specialty program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aurora

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Can anyone comment as to if some schools/hospitals give you a stipend during your specialty training? I know that for most programs you have to pay a tuition. I'm interested in periodontics.

Thanks
Aurora

Members don't see this ad.

Aurora said:
Hello all,

Can anyone comment as to if some schools/hospitals give you a stipend during your specialty training? I know that for most programs you have to pay a tuition. I'm interested in periodontics.

Thanks
Aurora

Do a search it's been discussed, not sure for perio inquire w/ specific programs, i know pedo most give stipends and wave tuition.

Hi, I too, am in interested in specializing in perio. From what I understand, each program is different in tuition, stipend, percentage of collections, etc. The best place to look to find this information is www.perio.org. From there you can go to the section that discusses education and will give a synopsis of all programs, what they pay, what you have to pay, and the type of implant cases you will do while in training there.

Some are quite nice, in the neighborhood of 30K and no tuition. Others are quite poor, like 30k tuition and NO stipend of any kind.

Hope that helps! :)

bitecys

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know of a good website comparing stipends for different schools' AEGD programs? I don't really want to buy the ada books...

Why AEGD and not GPR?

I'd choose a hospital-based GPR over an AEGD.

Biogirl361 said:
does anyone know of a good website comparing stipends for different schools' AEGD programs? I don't really want to buy the ada books...

I've only read the website for one school's aegd and gpr programs, but it seemed like the aegd residency was all about getting experience and taking additional classes about "specialty" procedures like implants, endo, aesthetic dentistry etc, while the GPR was more about doing "everyday" work like fillings and things, but on medically compromised patients. correct me if i am wrong - I only read about one school's programs and I am absolutely openminded about either aegd or gpr. I am just looking for a program that will give me specialized experience and classes in a variety of "advanced" procedures. any input or experiences with either of these programs, please share :) :)