Stocking up on supplies for COVID-19 pandemic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
We've stocked up on anticipated medical supplies, mask-respirators, and even canned goods/bottle water/ready-to-eat meals anticipating supply chain disruption.

Have also notified scheduled med refill patients about possible disruption in chronic opioid refill interval changes.

Members don't see this ad.

We've stocked up on anticipated medical supplies, mask-respirators, and even canned goods/bottle water/ready-to-eat meals anticipating supply chain disruption.

Have also notified scheduled med refill patients about possible disruption in chronic opioid refill interval changes.
Corona virus my math worst case scenario.. Population of world is 7 billion. If 80% of the world contracts the virus, and 3% of them die as a result, then 184800000 people could die from this. (184 million). In 1918 the flu killed 50 million and the world population was a little less than 2 billion. So the numbers make sense to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Went out today and bought lots of dry goods, Tylenol, ibuprofen, soap. Making a Costco trip. I’m in CA where there was the first confirmed community spread so its not looking good.

I just watch The Walking Dead

I’m really not expecting this to do much. In April it will all be forgotten

Reactions: 1 user

That didn’t take long.

That didn’t take long.

My backyard.

1582949584161.png

so nsaids?

Call me a prepper if you wish, but I've been set for a long time.

I have a "mad max' place in the country. I did it just for fun about 15 years ago and built it mostly for fun, as I never think I will ever have to "use" it. If the world ended up in anarchy (like mad max), I think the first bullet I would use on myself. Who would want to live in such a world?

I have a fortress/house with 2 foot thick stone walls with one foot steel reinforced concrete and reinforced metal roof. Metal and interior 2 inch thick oak security shutters. Two wood burning furnaces with about 2 years of cut wood. An interior well water source, an escape tunnel (that one is fun for kids- it goes into the woods), 70,000 rounds of ammunition, over 50 rifles and handguns, food for three years, and tons of other supplies. I have a 300 gallon reserve of gasoline and a ww2 military half track. For extra food, there is an orchard, three stocked ponds, and many bee hives. For energy I have a windmill and generator as back up.

I did all the above for fun and really, really do not believe in being a "prepper". It was just fun to build and is a good time to visit. The local kids fish in my ponds and goof around in the escape tunnel for fun.

I think the panic and economic impact of this virus will be far greater than the healthcare effects on the planet. I would assume that this should run its course in about three months, yet, people seem to be really panicking with this one.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
I have a "mad max' place in the country. I did it just for fun about 15 years ago and built it mostly for fun, as I never think I will ever have to "use" it. If the world ended up in anarchy (like mad max), I think the first bullet I would use on myself. Who would want to live in such a world?

I have a fortress/house with 2 foot thick stone walls with one foot steel reinforced concrete and reinforced metal roof. Metal and interior 2 inch thick oak security shutters. Two wood burning furnaces with about 2 years of cut wood. An interior well water source, an escape tunnel (that one is fun for kids- it goes into the woods), 70,000 rounds of ammunition, over 50 rifles and handguns, food for three years, and tons of other supplies. I have a 300 gallon reserve of gasoline and a ww2 military half track. For extra food, there is an orchard, three stocked ponds, and many bee hives. For energy I have a windmill and generator as back up.

I did all the above for fun and really, really do not believe in being a "prepper". It was just fun to build and is a good time to visit. The local kids fish in my ponds and goof around in the escape tunnel for fun.

Nut job.
Until needed.
Then genius.

Reactions: 4 users

I think the panic and economic impact of this virus will be far greater than the healthcare effects on the planet. I would assume that this should run its course in about three months, yet, people seem to be really panicking with this one.

This is impressive....... I think the most I will do for anarchy is stock up on some cheap boxes (yes boxes) of wine............. and maybe nsaids/ Tylenol for the hangover, that is of course if I make it.

This is impressive....... I think the most I will do for anarchy is stock up on some cheap boxes (yes boxes) of wine............. and maybe nsaids/ Tylenol for the hangover, that is of course if I make it.

pro tip: remove the inner bladder bag of the boxed wine and pass it around. no need for cups nor sobriety

hawkeye probably has his own vineyard, in-house, vintner, and production facility

Damn, you’re rich. Let’s kick it sometime

Reactions: 1 user
pro tip: remove the inner bladder bag of the boxed wine and pass it around. no need for cups nor sobriety

hawkeye probably has his own vineyard, in-house, vintner, and production facility
That was the easiest way to sneak large amounts of EtOH into football games in college!