stop asking questions in class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I ask for questions on the last lecture's material and I simply ask students to hold questions until the end. Some people looked as if they needed to urinate-fidgeting around in their seats- at first but in general, the stupid questions have stopped. Most students realize that I am not their sole source of information on any given day-handout is complete- and don't ask stupid questions that delay class.

Members don't see this ad.

My favorite question moment:

Lecturer - "blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah"

That guy - "Question!"

Lecturer - "No."

Lecturer - "blah blah blah blah"

That guy is in our class too. I'm not a vindictive person, but is it bad that I secretly wanted him to have to repeat last semester?

The truth is that he's probably getting straight A's or something close to it.

I guess that means I'm just a hater.

:(

Members don't see this ad :)
you're not attending a Nazi rally or being filmed in a Speed Stick Stain Guard commercial.

save your ignorant/deeply profound comments for the professor after class.

Up yours, you sanctimonious *******. I thought that last slide was confusing and I'll ask as many questions as I want because my tuition dollars guarantee me the right to do so.

:thumbdown:

Up yours, you sanctimonious *******. I thought that last slide was confusing and I'll ask as many questions as I want because my tuition dollars guarantee me the right to do so.

I've think we've found another "that guy."

Thanks for cutting my lunch hour in half today with your inane bullcrap, THAT guy.

Man if you're this big of a tool after only a few weeks of medical school I don't even want to know the level of douchbaggery you will reach by the end of MS1.

One of our lab instructors got fed up today with THAT GUY after he wouldn't stop asking questions and and said:

"You talk too much and do too little"

...looks like you're heading down that road too, bud.

I love to ask questions in class. Great fun stuff. Sometimes I like to gargle diarrhea in between questions to keep my vocal cords moist.

The rest of us didn't pay tuition to listen to your inane questions, so save them after class, mmk?

As a former teacher, I didn't like excessive questions since it disturbed the flow of the lecture. Have you noticed that people whisper/talk after a question is asked, especially the stupid questions? It takes effort to bring the class back together again after that.

Yeah. Lectures aren't recorded at our school. However, we only have 8 hours of lecture per week as M1's, so it's not too bad.

All good points. One exception--After the professor has finished his lecture and there is still class time, all questions are fair game.

I remember from my college years being known and loathed by some people in my physics class for asking theory questions. If the professor ends his presentation 20-30 minutes early, I'm going to ask questions about relativity. It's neat.

Lecture's over, we're just talking. Grow some balls and get up and leave. There's no attendance, and your mom isn't watching.

...OR you can just sit around waiting for the instructor to invite you to leave, and be passive-aggressive towards me around campus.

Hold questions until the lecture is complete, then go after the lecturer like Mel Gibson and get your answers.

All good points. One exception--After the professor has finished his lecture and there is still class time, all questions are fair game.

I remember from my college years being known and loathed by some people in my physics class for asking theory questions. If the professor ends his presentation 20-30 minutes early, I'm going to ask questions about relativity. It's neat.

Lecture's over, we're just talking. Grow some balls and get up and leave. There's no attendance, and your mom isn't watching.

...OR you can just sit around waiting for the instructor to invite you to leave, and be passive-aggressive towards me around campus.

Hold questions until the lecture is complete, then go after the lecturer like Mel Gibson and get your answers.

Um...

If the class ends 20 minutes early, wait until the lecturer says, "class dismissed" and feel free to walk up to the front with your questions.

There's a reason why the lecturer hangs around the head of the class when they end early.