All Branch Topic (ABT) Stop Loss Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neogenesis

Certifiable
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you all think? With as much crazy stuff that has gone on in the last few weeks, you think there is the potential this comes to fruition? Especially in the medical corps/critical specialties?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes there will likely be a stop loss and it will impact more than just medical corps/critical specialties. It will impact any MOS/AOC with a gap in the training cycles.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard rumors. My collegue got an email asking him to voluntarily rescind his sep. my sep date is the day after his, nothing yet. I hope not though. I got residency to go to....

I have heard rumors. My collegue got an email asking him to voluntarily rescind his sep. my sep date is the day after his, nothing yet. I hope not though. I got residency to go to....
If you have already signed a contract, for either residency or employment, you should not voluntarily rescind separation. Doing so knowing that your orders would be extended or that new orders would be cut for duty could be considered an act of bad faith by the parties with whom you have made a contract. Those parties expect you to be available as you represented yourself to be. If a government order imposes a stop-loss and by statute voids your contract, that is not your doing or an act in bad faith.

Last edited:
So, does anyone know what exactly retire/retain means? I had a dental officer that told me you get both active duty pay and 1/2 of retired pay. I can find no mention on the web if this is true. I only see that you don't actually get our DD214 until after you finish the extended retain period. I did see that Navy is asking anyone that is retiring between now and Dec to consider being retire/retain until the end of the year. But just curious if the pay gouge was true or false. My gut tells me that is a sea story. Thanks for any info!

So, does anyone know what exactly retire/retain means? I had a dental officer that told me you get both active duty pay and 1/2 of retired pay. I can find no mention on the web if this is true. I only see that you don't actually get our DD214 until after you finish the extended retain period. I did see that Navy is asking anyone that is retiring between now and Dec to consider being retire/retain until the end of the year. But just curious if the pay gouge was true or false. My gut tells me that is a sea story. Thanks for any info!

Navy regulation.

Reactions: 1 user