Stranger Things Part 2 - WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The mods are trolling us, right

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, AM, good luck on your side. I'm pretty sure one of us is with both wolves.
mickey.png

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Classic adventure advice: don't split the party.

So now we get to wait and find out just how bad it is that we split the party. :(
Splitting the party has always worked for me in DnD

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Barks... AM... one of you is a wolf, and the other is a choker.
I guess technically I shouldn't be posting on the thread yet but if there's a wolf brag then the game is over, so...

• Care
Barks... AM... one of you is a wolf, and the other is a choker.
I guess technically I shouldn't be posting on the thread yet but if there's a wolf brag then the game is over, so...
Thanks for the kind comment.

• Care
  • Hmm
shorty pls.
My emotions are too fragile for this. I saw "it me" and clenched everything.
You've given me a cramp.
Pls my only ability is commuting from the sub list to the tot list.

alley was the one killing people, I swear

• Haha
Night 3

Dustin trembled in the oppressive darkness of the Upside Down, trying not to panic, and failing. He stood on what should have been a familiar street, but it was warped and strange. The black sky was intermittently broken by flashes of dangerous energy. The air smelled metallic and damp. Every hair on his body stood on end and his breath came in painful gasps that he struggled to keep quiet. And worst of all, he was alone.

Or, he thought he was alone.

He stood exposed in the middle of the street, not realizing he was being observed from around the corner of a house. The figure approached behind him, and at the last moment he heard the soft footfalls and turned around.

"Will?"
"Hello Dustin."
Dustin hugged his friend, so relieved to find that he was not alone after all. But Will didn't embrace him back. And he was...cold. So cold. These thoughts had barely entered Dustin's conscious mind before Will finally put his arms around him. Dustin relaxed slightly, but then Will squeezed harder. And harder.
"Will, stop, you're hurting me," Dustin choked, struggling to catch his breath. "Will!"
"Goodbye Dustin," Will said. "It's over now."
Dead is @Animal Midwife, who was Dustin Henderson, a vanilla villager.

~~~

Back in Hawkins, Jonathan looked from El to Mike, slowly, back and forth. Yes, he knew exactly what was going to happen here. There was no other choice. They would turn on him. The ground shifted beneath their feet, a great energy surge from the Upside Down. It distracted them for a moment, but not long enough. Jonathan turned to run, and El raised her hand and screamed.

As he fell, consciousness slipping away from him, Jonathan saw the fissure that had opened the day before open again. A great shadow began to emerge from it, with it a much smaller, more familiar figure in tow.

"Will?" Jonathan said, before his final breath escaped him.

El stared at Jonathan's body, horrified to see that he had not been flayed after all. What had they done?

The Mind Flayer emerged fully into Hawkins, and try as she might, El could not hold it back. Will floated beside it, totally under its control. And with it came legions of demodogs and demogorgons, ready to wreak havoc on the world. Mike grabbed El as she screamed, holding her in a final embrace.

As there was no way to avoid a misyeet today in the Hawkins group, the inevitable conclusion of the next two cycles would be a wolf win. We won't torture you by making you play that out ;)

WOLVES WIN. CONGRATS @alleycat03 AND @Barkley13 !!

The Upside Down --> Hawkins
@alleycat03 - Flayed Will Byers - wolf tracker
@Barkley13 - Mind Flayer posing as Steve Harrington - wolf protector

Dead
@potentialsheltervet - Max Mayfield - vanillager
@Zenge142 - Nancy Wheeler - vanilla seer
@alissa14 - Lucas Sinclair - vanillager
@Animal Midwife - Dustin Henderson - vanillager
@Truenamer - Jonathan Byers - village 1x night cancel
@genny - Elven - village delayed mason/lover
@Viscernable - Mike Wheeler - village delayed mason/lover

Subs
1. @justafluff
2. @holdthemayo
3. @IvyMoose

Tots
uts. @Lawpy
2. @bluestoat
3. @SportPonies
4. @Crayola227
5. @jaboo
utc. @supershorty

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Thank you so much for playing everyone :biglove: And for your patience with kaydubs and me as we navigated our busy schedules. A big congrats to the wolves for a well-played game, a HUGE tip of the hat to @potentialsheltervet whose immediate post-death 3 person POE day 1 included both wolves.

There is no spreadsheet but if you have any questions or critiques let us know!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
I guess I'm confused why there was a night cycle because I would never be able to vote out a wolf after the split.

• Care
I like this wolf win, we've had a bunch of village this year

• Love
And it was a very entertaining game to tot :D

• Love
Congratulations, wolves! We were definitely due for a clean, straightforward wolf victory, and you both played a strong game.

• Love
I guess I'm confused why there was a night cycle because I would never be able to vote out a wolf after the split.
Never a good idea to try to do math after a long day lol that was an error on my part but at least gave time for wolves to choose their final target and for a better writeup than y'all would have gotten from me last night.

• Love
  • Care
Yeah, I think we could have ended last night? It all depended on when the two groups were going to rejoin with each other.

• Care
Yeah, I think we could have ended last night? It all depended on when the two groups were going to rejoin with each other.
It never would have been fast enough since the game ended before parity.

Thank you all for your patience!! I appreciate you playing one of my favorite themes, glad I/we got to do some justice to season 2, my favorite.

I loved the spin that we put on things for character and game design.

And the final thing was an intriguing approach. Love always to my dynamic co-mod @WildZoo . Your support and patience with me is appreciated so much!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
I think it was to teach us a lesson about voting with wolves. The lesson was… um…

Shoot, I’m pretty sure I was supposed to learn something.
Really want to keep things light and positive but there is definitely a different lesson I learned yesterday; about when a villager is confused and instead of giving her a simple explanation people decide to be dismissive and give her nothing until two minutes before vote close.

• Care
  • Sad
  • Okay...
Reactions: 3 users