Stress level of UPENN interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MJOHN

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey can anyone who has interviewed at UPENN give me some insight into the interview process? I have an interview Dec 12th..does that mean a have a good chance considering it is pretty close to their pre-dec 1st admissions..

Members don't see this ad.

Have you checked the "interview feedback" page here on SDN. It's been pretty helpful.

Hey can anyone who has interviewed at UPENN give me some insight into the interview process? I have an interview Dec 12th..does that mean a have a good chance considering it is pretty close to their pre-dec 1st admissions..

Stress level: -5. It was by far the best interview I ever went on. The student tour guide gave really good pointers with certain things, I made friends with a few of the interviewees, and the faculty there are really great. I liked how Corky made sure we sat down with her to chat and make sure our admissions file was in order. She also told us not to worry if you were not a part of the pre-Dec. 1st crowd and getting an interview is a great step forward so I think you are ok! :thumbup:

Oh, and by far the highlight of the day: My interview mostly consisted of general knowledge/trivia questions pertaining to my coursework I listed in my application. I got to laugh at myself a lot and feel right at home the whole time. I'm sure this differs with every interviewer but other people I talked to said they were really relaxed as well. I am in LOVE with this school. :)

Yeah, I agree w/ what's been said. It was extremely laid back; absolutely no stress. I had no drilling questions, and it was purely conversational. You've done all the hard work to get the interview, so once you're there, they really just want to get to know you.