Student in Need of Osteopathic Doctor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnSmithington

Reaction score
[Deleted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey man-I know it feels like you're in dire straits but this way is unlikely to bear fruit. It is pretty dishonest to write a letter for someone without experience working with them and the physician is essentially putting their credibility on the line. Since you waive your right to see the letter, I'd be concerned that the letter would say something along the lines of "this person has never worked with a DO physician and solicited letters of recommendation online". You'd be better off taking a year off, making some money, and shadowing a DO. Honestly how do you know you lean more DO without having spent time with any of them? Philosophy is one thing, practice is another.

Also, this is probably better off in the pre-med forum than the ED forum.

Reactions: 1 user
Check with your health insurance plan for a list of primary care providers and look for their initials --

Mainly writing to suggest you also rethink applying early decision if that's what your last sentence means. Search SDN for the long list of reasons why --

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah... this is not a way to get a DO letter. Btw I applied to 9 DO schools with only an MD letter. For some schools, a DO letter is mandatory, for some it is preferred, and for others it’s probably subconsciously preferred but MD totally fine.

Did you really post your personal info in a public forum and asking someone to write a rec without working with you?

This. is. amazing.

Reactions: 1 user
Like I said, I'm in a bind and this was my last hope. Going to rattle off replies to end this forum.
  • Didn't try to put someone's credibility on the line, was just hoping that someone could've written something positive (no matter how vague) from talking to references to fulfill the arbitrary requirement. I have 4 other letters that I'm a lot more proud of, I just don't want my application thrown out on arrival.
  • Thanks for advising against early admission.
  • I read "strongly recommended" and even required on a couple of applications and it had me worried.
  • I wouldn't normally post personal info online but I think this is one of the better communities online, plus how else would someone have contacted me (is there direct messaging on here?) Also that's why I was offering references to multiple people I have worked and volunteered with (also why I acknowledged it's a stretch.
  • Glad to entertain.
Anyways as I said, thanks everyone for the input. I just really am sweating about getting in and really don't want to have to go into my backup of malpractice law.

Like I said, I'm in a bind and this was my last hope. Going to rattle off replies to end this forum.
  • Didn't try to put someone's credibility on the line, was just hoping that someone could've written something positive (no matter how vague) from talking to references to fulfill the arbitrary requirement. I have 4 other letters that I'm a lot more proud of, I just don't want my application thrown out on arrival.
  • Thanks for advising against early admission.
  • I read "strongly recommended" and even required on a couple of applications and it had me worried.
  • I wouldn't normally post personal info online but I think this is one of the better communities online, plus how else would someone have contacted me (is there direct messaging on here?) Also that's why I was offering references to multiple people I have worked and volunteered with (also why I acknowledged it's a stretch.
  • Glad to entertain.
Anyways as I said, thanks everyone for the input. I just really am sweating about getting in and really don't want to have to go into my backup of malpractice law.

I will delete the quote when you possibly delete this post as well.

There are apparently admission committee members who will monitor this forum. What do you think will happen to your application when they link your name to it?! There are so many posts regarding people violating honor codes, you were essentially asking someone to lie for you, going back to my question. Lastly, you want to tell people this is what you want to do and you’re sure this is what you want to do, not announce I have backup plans, when you’re applying for early decision. Even if I was a DO and thought about writing for you, why would I commit myself to someone who isn’t sure what he wants to do.

Good luck bud, I think you will need some.

PS. Yes there is PM for this forum. Also you are not in the right sub. But I am not sure you want to make another request at the right sub either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.