Student loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
Based on previous threads, I don't think any of us expected debt forgiveness programs for physicians to survive for long. Even if the Ds were in power, physicians are a pretty unsympathetic lot when it comes to government aid.

Totally agree - program was designed for those who have a much lower salary expectation like SWs, academic advisors, guidance councilors and the like requiring college and masters education.

My wife just found out she no longer qualifies for IBR and thus can’t apply for forgiveness since we filed together and my income puts her over the edge. Frustrating for sure, but it is what it is. She’s not in medicine and without me it would take 15+ years in all likelihood to pay off her loans.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t disagree. It’s just interesting that they are starting with the poor schmucks who got suckered by the predatory for profit trade schools. Many of them enrolled, took on a load of debt, and mostly did not graduate. Doctors I can understand. This population I can’t.

Last edited:
I don’t disagree. It’s just interesting that they are starting with the poor schmucks who got suckered by the predatory for profit trade schools. Many of them enrolled, took on a load of debt, and mostly did not graduate. Doctors I can understand. This population I can’t.

Don’t worry, the government is going after the schools as well. Many are closing or consolidating.