Student Visa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PEN15

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anybody know how long it will actually take for me to get my student visa? I have my chest x-ray appointment and blood work with the panel doctors (officials listed on the DIMA website) at the end of the month, do you think it will take longer than a month to process? I already have a passport and my COE.

I'm a procrastinator.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there,
You can lodge your application online ( it takes like 15 minutes) and then the Panel doc submits his exam/x-ray directly to the Australian embassy/consulate (they just told me ottawa, I cant remember exactly who is processing the application). The panel doc told me that it would be 5-7 business days before they sent off the exam and x-ray info so you have to take that into account too. When are you heading down to oz? You have to have the Visa before you enter the country but I am not sure how long it actually takes. I am sure it is pretty quick once you have everything submitted. I am interested to know, anyone have that info?
cheers!

Hey there,
You can lodge your application online ( it takes like 15 minutes) and then the Panel doc submits his exam/x-ray directly to the Australian embassy/consulate (they just told me ottawa, I cant remember exactly who is processing the application). The panel doc told me that it would be 5-7 business days before they sent off the exam and x-ray info so you have to take that into account too. When are you heading down to oz? You have to have the Visa before you enter the country but I am not sure how long it actually takes. I am sure it is pretty quick once you have everything submitted. I am interested to know, anyone have that info?
cheers!

hey,

thanks for the info! yeah the panel doc told me that they were sending the stuff to ottawa as well. I'm not leaving until the beginning of February. How bout you? As long as it doesn't take longer than 2 months to get every done then I'm ok.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys,

one lady at the australian embassy in ottawa told me it would take 3 weeks to process. add that to the week it'll take for the medical to be submitted -> 4-4.5 weeks. pen15, i also have the med/x-ray examination at the end of november and i leave for syd jan27th. i don't think it should be a problem.

I am sure it is pretty quick once you have everything submitted. I am interested to know, anyone have that info?
cheers!

It depends on how busy the office is at the time.....

My processing time was maybe 2-3 weeks from my memory... I got my Visa all done about 5 days before my flight here I think... damn bloody stressful.... basically I bought my flight ahead of time and would've moved the departure date if the Visa wasn't done in time.

It depends on how busy the office is at the time.....

My processing time was maybe 2-3 weeks from my memory... I got my Visa all done about 5 days before my flight here I think... damn bloody stressful.... basically I bought my flight ahead of time and would've moved the departure date if the Visa wasn't done in time.

I just found out that yes it does take 2-3 weeks providing that everything is complete. It's faster if you do it online too.

whats the confirmation of enrollment or something COE, i started doing my online application and got stuck at this, is this in documents with the acceptance stuff?

whats the confirmation of enrollment or something COE, i started doing my online application and got stuck at this, is this in documents with the acceptance stuff?

Your eCoE (Electronic Confirmation of Erolment) is a code (set of numbers & letters) that you need to give (or type-in, if you're doing your visa on-line) to demonstrate that you have CONFIRMED enrollment into a program. (not just obtained admission).

For the most part a school will give you your eCoE after you have paid their minimum deposit.

Hope that helps!