Students who attended branch campuses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemistrytrash

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'll be applying this summer to a couple of schools out-of-state (LECOM, CU Anschutz, U of A etc), I'm looking to get anywhere out of my current city as I need a breath of fresh air. My greatest concern is that I am a student at a branch campus of a university. Its been a great option as far as affordability goes and I truly feel as though I have a solid foundation from the education I have received there. I am PROUD of my little college. How negatively do schools look down upon branch campuses? (And yes there is an option for this branch campus on pharmcas and I think it may even show on my transcripts).

Other than that one minor factor, I feel as if I will be competitive:

I have a 4.0 pre-req GPA (3.9 overall), 97 PCAT, lots of involvement in my college (as an ambassador, with orientation, as a university paid tutor, the student representative on my dean's advisory board) and 2.5+ years as a pharmacy technician.

I'm also fairly comfortable with interviews ranging from one-on-one, group, panel, and everything in between.

I didn't attend the main campus of my university though... Do I even have a shot?

Members don't see this ad.

Why bother Lecom with such a statistic?

Wth your stats are amazing why not apply to a better pharmacy school?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Why bother Lecom with such a statistic?

What's the problem with Lecom? I'm going there next semester and is a great option since their tuition is one of the cheapest in the nation. Moreover, they have had a solid Naplex Pass Rate along the years. At the end, my diploma will be as valid as one from any other university, plus employers look more at your experience than the school you come from.

Chemistrytrash, with those stats you'll be able to get into any pharmacy school you want. Don't look for the "bests" pharmacy schools, just choose the one were you'll feel more comfortable. I chose Lecom because it has a reasonable tuition, it's a small campus, and is in Florida, which I like.

What's the problem with Lecom? I'm going there next semester and is a great option since their tuition is one of the cheapest in the nation. Moreover, they have had a solid Naplex Pass Rate along the years. At the end, my diploma will be as valid as one from any other university, plus employers look more at your experience than the school you come from.
Exactly! I don't understand the problem about branch campuses? If it's the same diploma, why OP is worried too much.
If pcat is taken, why limit yourself to Lecom? Who doesn't require one

Where'd you get the idea that LECOM has the cheapest tuition in the country?

Chemistrytrash, with those stats you'll be able to get into any pharmacy school you want. Don't look for the "bests" pharmacy schools, just choose the one were you'll feel more comfortable. I chose Lecom because it has a reasonable tuition, it's a small campus, and is in Florida, which I like.

Thank you so much for the encouragement! I really like LECOM because of the "small school" feel that it has. The faculty and staff have been so kind and accomodating that I can't help falling in love with it!

Wth your stats are amazing why not apply to a better pharmacy school?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

since I attend a branch campus currently as an undergrad I feel that I will get the best experience at a smaller school as opposed to one of the giant ones...

why bother applying to pharmacy at all. go to med school and dont waste your money and time.

Thank you so much for the encouragement! I really like LECOM because of the "small school" feel that it has. The faculty and staff have been so kind and accomodating that I can't help falling in love with it!

since I attend a branch campus currently as an undergrad I feel that I will get the best experience at a smaller school as opposed to one of the giant ones...
Makes sense, but trust me you have nothing to worry about man. Your stats are what people dream of.

Back to the original question, it does not matter whether you went to school at a branch campus. Good luck!