study resources for bio I and bio II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medaspire1

Reaction score
HI
Am currently doing my bio I course and wanted to get some input of any youtube channels that could dumb it down ( Glycolis , Krebs etc ) .

For eg I found Leah4science for chemsity and The Organic Chemistry Tutor for physics useful. I also see the KA videos for bio but wanted to check if there were any channels for bio that you would recommend as well .

TIA

Members don't see this ad.

When I needed supplemental help, I only used Khan Academy. But I recommend referring to your professor and peer tutors if they are provided first. They will be able to tell you what content is emphasized and how the material will be tested. They may also have 3rd party resource recommendations. Independently sourced 3rd party resources should be used judiciously in undergraduate IMO because there's no way to gauge their yield for your particular institution.

Reactions: 1 user
I like this website
:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think your classes are just gonna be professor dependent. My bio I and II classes paid total lip-service to metabolism (basically just know Glycolysis and Krebs exist), and even my Biochem class didn't cover metabolism (separate metabolism class).

The Kaplan MCAT quicksheets (free pdf online) do a decent job summarizing the bare essentials of metabolism. I would also look up some mnemonics for the steps if necessary.

AK Lectures Biochem! He explains things very thoroughly and breaks down concepts well. Leaves no detail unturned. If you want to know why the steps of various cycles happen and not just get told *that they happen* check em out!

Reactions: 1 users
Just a tip: Learn your biochem pathways (TCA, Glycolyis, ETC, etc.) really well. You'll see them again in Biochem and again in med school in more depth.