studying abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Questions

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
When do interviews end? I'm applying this year (june), but I want to study abroad next year (jan-may). If I'm lucky, would I be done with interviews by then?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,
When do interviews end? I'm applying this year (june), but I want to study abroad next year (jan-may). If I'm lucky, would I be done with interviews by then?
Thanks!

It varies depending on school, but if you apply early in the summer most of your interviews should be done with by January.

I submitted the AMCAS on June 19th, had all my secondaries in before September, and I was done with 12 interviews by November 16th.

So it's do-able if you start early, don't mind missing a bunch of school fall semester, and the schools are on the ball with your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're a strong applicant and complete at schools relatively early (no later than August), then you probably will have interviewed at many places by the end of December.

I´m studying abroad right now and was in your shoes last time this year. I applied early (primary in by the end of June and all secondaries done in July and August) and only two schools (out of 14) did not respond w- an interview or rejection by the time I left in January, and those 2 schools are non-rolling, so I am assuming rejection. So it can be done, I had a successful interview season and managed to schedule everything in time. And my biased recommendation is to for sure study abroad because it is so worth it! Good luck