Studying for Boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbbmd

Pain Doctor/Physiatrist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
PGY4s--> Just wanted to know how you guys are preparing for the boards. Study groups? Im trying to set up "study hours" with my class.... I wanted to know if there are any other innovative ways you guys are doing to motivate!

Members don't see this ad.

At our program, the current senior class started studying the old SAEs together several months prior to the SAE in january. Since then we've been studying seperately, mostly because of time constraints.

I think most of us are focusing on Cuccarrilo as the main source, and using the study guides from the red journal as supplementary sources. We also have the Kessler review course coming up.

One thing that has been helpful for me is to keep a composition book as my main note source. I am only putting mnemomics and things I've seen repeatedly from SAEs, the study guides, and lectures into. I am hoping that come July-August, I can just review the notebook instead of the primary sources.

Does anyone else have any suggestions? I do feel a bit at a loss as to how I should be studying.

Been doing study group 1-2 times/week going over questions in the Q-bank to look up answers in Cuccurullo and the black pocket-pedia and generate topic lists.

Amazing how high-yield those two books are together.

I think the review courses will be better for the oral boards as they will probably be more concepts than detail based.