Studying for January MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SDN2013

Athens
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I will be registering to take the MCAT for January, I believe the 22nd?

So that leaves me about 6 months of studying, give or take.

I've also signed up for a Kaplan course that goes from september to January.

In addition, I've bought a set of the new EK complete study books. And the EK Audio Osmosis (btw, is it compatible with the newest version of books?)

Should I also buy the questions set 101/1001 etc? Or would I get enough practice from Kaplan?

Should I also purchase addition CBT tests from Kaplan or AAMC?

And does anyone have any suggestions about how to schedule my time? To do EK during summer? or to read EK while taking Kaplan?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

well I guess I'll take a stab at the questions you asked,

I believe that when you take the kaplan course you get all 8 of the aamc cbt practice tests as well as kaplan's cbt's I'm not sure though I didn't take the class
When I studied for the mcat, unfortunately I got a 28 so i'll be studying for it again sometime, I tried to study over the course of the semester while taking 18 credits which was not a good idea fyi
I would suggest if you have six months spend the first 2 doing complete review of all the sciences, the next 2 months spend using all of your kaplan material doing practice problems and such, and then with the last two months, do a practice test once a week, start with the kaplan tests and then move on to the aamc test but make sure you do all of the aamc tests. After you take a test critically review what you got wrong and also what you got right, know why you got the answers wrong and make sure if you guessed on a problem and got it right that you understand why your educated guess was correct
I feel like the Kaplan Course is pretty structured though and that once you start the class they will have suggestions in how to prepare.