Studying on Christmas Eve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shoppe

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who is taking the Jan 2006 PCAT plan to study over the christmas break? It sucks so bad because I feel like i'm the only one who sit at home around Christmas holiday studying my bun off. Then there are other temptations such as ... my bf coming over for Christmas and my friends keep dragging me to the mall. I'm supposed to be studying for my final tomorrow but I cant because I dread the upcoming weeks. As much I want to tell other people to GO AWAy, i thought it would be rude to do so. Man... I'm seriously considering canceling my PCAT and take it in June. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

shoppe said:
Anyone who is taking the Jan 2006 PCAT plan to study over the christmas break? It sucks so bad because I feel like i'm the only one who sit at home around Christmas holiday studying my bun off. Then there are other temptations such as ... my bf coming over for Christmas and my friends keep dragging me to the mall. I'm supposed to be studying for my final tomorrow but I cant because I dread the upcoming weeks. As much I want to tell other people to GO AWAy, i thought it would be rude to do so. Man... I'm seriously considering canceling my PCAT and take it in June. :scared:

I know exactly what you mean, but I apply in february, and I have to study for the pcat over the break. Somehow, I have to make it all work.

I am taking it again in January as well. I know it sucks, but try to study a little each day (starting now) so you don't have to do it all during Christmas break. It's hard, I know, but just remember it will be over soon and that you are not alone. :)

I have an exam tomorrow but I can't seem to study for it now. I don't care about A&P final anymore. I think I have test anxiety. There's no way to shake it. And then I realize all the stuffs I have to do around Christmas, oh my...

Anyway, I'll probably study hardcore 8-10 hrs a day everyday starting tomorrow after my A&P final. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I know how you feel in regards to studying for the test. I'm not applying till next year, which I'm assuming you are as well, so I'm basically looking at the test as a good practice or warm up for the June test. And if for some reason the June test doesn't go well, which hopefully it will, it can be another warm up for the October test. I'm not ready for this January test (which would be impossible because I haven't had Ochem, A & P, or Calc yet) but it will still be good to get in there and get the unknowns out of the way and get familiar with the building, format, and setting. Take the test and don't worry so much about the outcome. There is no negative in going in and taking it regardless of what happens.

don't cancel it! at least you can try and do your best and get a feel for the test. i took it in october and had 4 tests and a paper the week after my saturday test. i was worn out but you just had to keep telling yourself that you have to get through this. pharmacy school isn't going to be easy to manage and i have a feeling it's going to be harder than any undergrad course load. so just keep working at it!!!!