Studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Usmle_Seeker2020

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where do you guys study if you were used to study at the library?. I'm getting burned out studying at home because of covid 19.

Members don't see this ad.

I feel you on this.

Library and coffee shops were my go-to.

Perhaps try friend/family’s houses (irresponsible w/the social distancing thing i know) or outdoor parks/dining.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you have access to any open-areas such as a park bench? I find myself on one a lot.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel you on this.

Library and coffee shops were my go-to.

Perhaps try friend/family’s houses (irresponsible w/the social distancing thing i know) or outdoor parks/dining.
yes I was thinking about outdoor parks, but still hard to study on a bench, since it is abit hot outside. And the light of the sun reflecting on my screen makes it hard to read.

yes I was thinking about outdoor parks, but still hard to study on a bench, since it is abit hot outside. And the light of the sun reflecting on my screen makes it hard to read.

perhaps modifying the apartment environment. Try a new scented candle, move your desk to a new area, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
I've found that group study via zoom is a nice alternative. Half the time when we would study together in person we were all just sitting together w/ headphones in, but it is nice to feel like you aren't grinding out anki alone.

I've found that group study via zoom is a nice alternative. Half the time when we would study together in person we were all just sitting together w/ headphones in, but it is nice to feel like you aren't grinding out anki alone.

I did this too and I highly recommend. My zoom study partner and I switched up our study sessions quite a bit during the Spring. We started each “tutoring” one another on lectures, then moved to meeting with quiz questions we made for each lecture ahead of time (5 questions per lecture each) and worked through them. We never really met just to study together individually though.