studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frozencubes

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
how are my non-science field colleagues keeping up with the M1 intro courses pace? I majored in CS and it's slightly difficult to keep up with others especially in histology/biochem..

Members don't see this ad.

Not a non-science field major (hopefully you'll get some nice tips soon), but I just wanted to reassure you that everyone is probably barely keeping their heads above water right now. If it looks like they're not struggling early on, they're either: 1) a genius/master studier (least likely), 2) hiding it, 3) doing something very wrong lol

Reactions: 1 user
I squeaked by Cell and Molecular Bio with a solid C and never looked back. Gotta love pass/fail. Embrace it if you have the option, and only worry about retaining named diseases for Step 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
Literally almost everyone is struggling right now. But everyone has also historically been a high-achiever. So acknowledging the struggle will negatively impact their self-esteem/ego. You’ll probably be surprised to find out next semester how many of your classmates who seem to have it all together at the moment are barely getting by.

FWIW, I have a BS in psych, which is worthless, and still did pretty well overall after a very rough first semester. If you’re there, then a lot of people decided you have what it takes to succeed. But no one said it’d be easy. Good luck!