1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Stupid AMCAS questions

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by Waywoe, May 16, 2007.

1. Waywoe

Waywoe Still a cranky old bat
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I am scheduled to take the MCAT June 15th but I want to submit AMCAS as soon as possible. What if I need to take the MCAT again? Do I resubmit AMCAS? I also want to make sure I am interpreting the instructions for colleges attended correctly. My first Bachelor degree was in 1992. I got a second degree in 1999 in Medical Technology. Do I classify the 2nd degree (and all classes taken post 1992 at Community Colleges) as post-bac?:confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. njbmd

njbmd Guest
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    See page 43 of the 2008 AMCAS Instruction booklet. If you took those courses after receiving your first degree, then they are considered post bacc.

4. Catalystik

Catalystik Platinum
    Physician Faculty SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

If you take the MCAT again during this application cycle, say in August 2007, AMCAS will automatically send the second score, just as it did the first, to all the schools to which you've applied. You do not need to resubmit (and pay $$ again) to AMCAS until next spring's application cycle, if you become a reapplicant.

5. Waywoe

Waywoe Still a cranky old bat
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks for both responses. I did read the AMCAS manual but I had it in my head that the post bac was for a specific post-bac program to get into med school. Glad to have it cleared up.