Stupid AMCAS questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Waywoe

Still a cranky old bat
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am scheduled to take the MCAT June 15th but I want to submit AMCAS as soon as possible. What if I need to take the MCAT again? Do I resubmit AMCAS? I also want to make sure I am interpreting the instructions for colleges attended correctly. My first Bachelor degree was in 1992. I got a second degree in 1999 in Medical Technology. Do I classify the 2nd degree (and all classes taken post 1992 at Community Colleges) as post-bac?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I am scheduled to take the MCAT June 15th but I want to submit AMCAS as soon as possible. What if I need to take the MCAT again? Do I resubmit AMCAS? I also want to make sure I am interpreting the instructions for colleges attended correctly. My first Bachelor degree was in 1992. I got a second degree in 1999 in Medical Technology. Do I classify the 2nd degree (and all classes taken post 1992 at Community Colleges) as post-bac?:confused:

See page 43 of the 2008 AMCAS Instruction booklet. If you took those courses after receiving your first degree, then they are considered post bacc.

I am scheduled to take the MCAT June 15th but I want to submit AMCAS as soon as possible. What if I need to take the MCAT again? Do I resubmit AMCAS?

If you take the MCAT again during this application cycle, say in August 2007, AMCAS will automatically send the second score, just as it did the first, to all the schools to which you've applied. You do not need to resubmit (and pay $$ again) to AMCAS until next spring's application cycle, if you become a reapplicant.

Thanks for both responses. I did read the AMCAS manual but I had it in my head that the post bac was for a specific post-bac program to get into med school. Glad to have it cleared up.