Submit Supplemental Now or later?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TpharmD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have submitted my pharmcas( dec 1) but not supplementals yet because my pcat score is very low, composite 41. So i m retaking it in Jan. Now I am thinking if I submit my supp app now my application will be completed and will be under review and they will see my pcat score of composite 41 and reject me right away (and may be not wait for my jan score). ofcourse i will not wait until they receive my jan score.
so what think is right? Should I submit them now or wait sometime to submit in january or even later? Thanks. Below is some the university i m referring to.
University at Buffalo
St. John Fisher College
Temple University
Mercer University (may be I will apply here)

Members don't see this ad.

I think you can actually submit the supplemental now. However, you will need to contact the schools and request them to put your application on hold for the January PCAT. Make sure if they'll accept the Jan. pcat though. Good luck :luck::D

I have submitted my pharmcas( dec 1) but not supplementals yet because my pcat score is very low, composite 41. So i m retaking it in Jan. Now I am thinking if I submit my supp app now my application will be completed and will be under review and they will see my pcat score of composite 41 and reject me right away (and may be not wait for my jan score). ofcourse i will not wait until they receive my jan score.
so what think is right? Should I submit them now or wait sometime to submit in january or even later? Thanks. Below is some the university i m referring to.
University at Buffalo
St. John Fisher College
Temple University
Mercer University (may be I will apply here)

First make sure those schools accept the Jan. PCAT (some don't consider anything after Oct. date). You're going to have to pick the lesser of two evils. (1) submitting your 41 composite now and risk instantaneous rejection...(2) wait for your Jan PCAT while seats at these institutions fill up by the week. Your odds are decreasing with each day you wait.

I suppose I would go with option 1 and submit now. It's getting pretty late in the game here.

Members don't see this ad :)
no offense to you. 41 is gonna work against you.

Most schools have minimum PCAT score of 50.

Most people on SDN who are accepted have PCAT scores in the 70s or above.

Waiting till Jan means less spots left for pharmacy schools to fill and much more competition for you. This ultimately means you better bring an excellent application to the table because the schools will be extra picky if you apply later in the cycle.

I agree with the other posters. You can apply to schools that accept Jan PCAT now and request a hold for review until Jan PCAT results come out.

Summit now. Resend your new Pcat score later. Make sure you email a incharged person that you have a new Pcat. This can help you to be reviewed again by them.

I agree with the other posters. You can apply to schools that accept Jan PCAT now and request a hold for review until Jan PCAT results come out.
all those school that i have quoted before accepts Jan pcat.
and for requesting a hold for review, if i don't send my supp app they won't review my application anyway...I have submitted Pharmcas though.
so what do u suggest? not to submit supplementals until jan score( 3 of them has deadline of 2-march, by then they should have jan score)or submit them and request a hold for a review?

Summit now. Resend your new Pcat score later. Make sure you email a incharged person that you have a new Pcat. This can help you to be reviewed again by them.

but what if i submit supplementals now and they reject my application without waiting for my jan score? would they do that?(although they accept jan score)

Humm... It might depend if you have a good gpa or not. If you have stellar grades, strong LORs and lots of ECs, just submit everything now and hopefully your gpa and the others will compensate for your low pcat score. However, if your gpa is not that high and you want to show them a good pcat score, i guess you can just wait until jan to turn in your supplemental. However, like most people said....there's a very slim chance when you complete your application late in the cycle.