Submitting committee letter as non-committee letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Svart Aske

Dental Padawan
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Earlier I made a thread ( http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=605772) explaining my predicament.
Basically, the letter my pre-health committee writes is NOT a composite letter, meaning that students are not required to submit faculty LOR's to the committee. The problem is that I am going to have to request individual LOR's to be submitted separately (since I'd imagine schools would like to see science professors' input), but AADSAS apparently has a rule that if you submit a committee letter you have the option of submitting only one additional letter.

So here's what I'm thinking of doing: I'll submit the committee letter but tick "No" to the question "Is this a Committee Letter?" in AADSAS, giving me the option of submitting three more letters.

Apparently this is what a student at my school who got accepted this year did. I want to know what you guys think. Will AADSAS crap on me for attempting this?

edit: To make it easier on my writers, I don't want to bypass AADSAS when submitting letters.

Members don't see this ad.

If its been done in the past with success ... I say go for it. I know my committee letter was submitted to AADSAS via the committee after I sent them a request to have it sent. Apparently my committee letter has strong points included which were taken from the submitted recommendations but the letters were also included with the committee letter as attachments. I guess technically I had 1 committee letter but in actuality it is really 1 committee letter with many additional attached letters.

Hey eldirty, do you mind me asking what school do you attend? I see you are from Virginia.