Submitting primaries around mid July too late?!?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

best172

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI. I am applying for 2008 admission but I sent my transcript around June 25th and it seems that it will take up to 2 weeks for AMCAS to receive it. My application is ready to go but without the transcript, I am guessing it won't do any good to submit it now.
Should I wait until the status says "transcript is received"?
Would submitting it now speed up the verification process?
Is submitting primaries around mid July late? My advisor told me to submit by July 4th. I feel terrible that I did not think about taking care of the transcript earlier...

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!! Thank you a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

yea I'm kind of in the same boat. What are the lag times around this point in the season?

Don't worry so much about lag times. Submit it ASAP. A lot of schools still haven't even released their secondaries yet. The fact is, though, the longer you wait to submit, the longer it will take to get verified. Polish it up and fire it off to AMCAS. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's not too late. Just make sure you're happy with it when you submit, that's way more important. In the end, you're still ahead of the game.

i called amcas this morning (because i too am in this much undesirable position) and the guy told me that if i were to submit, it wouldn't really be advantageous, since they don't start the official review process until all materias are received. i hate hate HATE this transcript BS.

i called amcas this morning (because i too am in this much undesirable position) and the guy told me that if i were to submit, it wouldn't really be advantageous

No, but at least you have it off your mind, and your info gets forwarded to schools, and you can start filling out some secondaries (people are getting some without MCAT scores...). So it might be advantageous, even if you won't get verified for a couple weeks.

No, but at least you have it off your mind, and your info gets forwarded to schools, and you can start filling out some secondaries (people are getting some without MCAT scores...). So it might be advantageous, even if you won't get verified for a couple weeks.

sounds good...i'll fire it off tomorrow morning!

I just wanted to share that I'm in the same boat and feel your frustration! I, too, did not know that the transcript business would take so long :( I'm very glad to hear that I won't be considered "late".

i submitted mine last year around mid-July and wasn't verified until exactly 6 weeks later. Dont know if that's standard or a fluke.

Get your transcripts in NOW if you're planning on applying this year. That way, it'll be waiting for you when you submnit your AMCAS. the transcripts take the longest time to reach them, for some reason. probably sitting in their deserted mailroom. :rolleyes:

Yea.. i wish someone had told me how important filling out one transcript request form and sending it in was going to be -_-

I knew that LORs can take a while to be submitted so I worked on those first... never thought about transcripts

Yea.. i wish someone had told me how important filling out one transcript request form and sending it in was going to be -_-

I knew that LORs can take a while to be submitted so I worked on those first... never thought about transcripts
I had the exact same thoughts =/ Ah well... nothing I can do about it now.

Eh are you guys with slow transcripts getting notices from AMCAS that your app is still on hold since they haven't received a transcript?

If they have it, they could at least stop sending these scary emails that make me think my transcript is lost somewhere in Wichita.

Yeh, transcripts can really mess with your verification process. The big lesson here is to get your transcripts in asap, even if your not done working on your amcas application yet. It definitely better to have them in sooner rather than later because nothing will get done with your app until all materials are in. Also, sometimes it will take a few days or more even after they recieve the transcripts before they are united with your app, so keep that in mind to.

And to think ahead a little bit: just as transcripts can hold up your verification, letters of recommendation can hold up completeing your secondary application files at individual schools later on. So make sure your have a plan for those LOR's (and stay on top of them as you start to get secondaries).

Hi fellas! So I was trolling around, and decided to pop in...

Seriously, to the original posters, what are you doing????

In fact, you might even need a mini-mental where they make you count up to three, since i believe you might just fail the actual one....:-(

Guys, just don't sit there and calculate your time of lag, angle of approach, while your flight flounders....land that sucker!

Go ahead, finish reading, polish that essay again if necessary, and hit submit on AMCAS. You'll never know otherwise....

best of luck,

a.i.

You're not late at all. I've been verified since late June and have only received a handful of secondaries so far, so you're not behind the game at all. Having said that, I'd try to submit in the next few days, solely because it will help your chances with getting interviews (versus applying in August or September).

haha when i read the thread title, i thought it said "submitting SECONDARIES around mid july too late"...