submitting primary this week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoreMilrinone

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Life happened, and I find myself in the situation where I will be submitting my AMCAS primary in the next few days (transcripts already received).

How bad of shape does that put me in for this particular cycle? I am objectively a fairly competitive applicant otherwise, but the thought of submitting near the end of July is, needless to say, getting the anxiety up. Any thoughts? Thanks.

P.S. I will, of course, begin pre-writing secondaries as soon as I submit the primary, as I know turning these around almost immediately upon receiving them will be key in my situation.

Members don't see this ad.

You'll be fine. The rule of thumb is usually that you want to submit secondaries by Labor Day to be competitive, but with covid delaying everything, it'll be fine if you're done by the end of September.

You’re fine. Remember, schools do not necessarily process applications in the order they are received. Schools prioritize applications based on a number of factors such as grades/scores, location, UG institution, etc. just make sure the materials that you submit are well written and free of errors.