Submitting secondaries significantly under allotted word count

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Go4Doc

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone! I'm currently working on my secondaries for Pritzker and I'm pretty far under the word count (~250/ 550). While I've seen similar threads in which applicants were advised "quality over quantity" but I don't have many people to assess whether my essays are quality enough (compelling, coherent, concise) or if they might benefit with some additional specifics.

Would anyone be willing to take a look at the two prompts I've answered for the level of quality that trumps quantity? Any input from past or present MD/PhD students would be especially appreciated!

@eteshoe @moggat
 
Last edited:
Yeah you can PM me and I'll look at them. In general, some questions lend themselves better to being under the count than others. 250/550 sounds like it might be one of those monster prompts about research or activities, where they're really just giving the max amount in case one random applicant won a nobel prize or something.