Submitting secondaries significantly under allotted word count

Discussion in 'Physician Scientists' started by Go4Doc, Jul 16, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Go4Doc

Go4Doc

Nov 9, 2015
    Hello everyone! I'm currently working on my secondaries for Pritzker and I'm pretty far under the word count (~250/ 550). While I've seen similar threads in which applicants were advised "quality over quantity" but I don't have many people to assess whether my essays are quality enough (compelling, coherent, concise) or if they might benefit with some additional specifics.

Would anyone be willing to take a look at the two prompts I've answered for the level of quality that trumps quantity? Any input from past or present MD/PhD students would be especially appreciated!

@eteshoe @moggat

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. moggat

moggat MudPhud

Oct 14, 2015
    Hive of Scum and Villainy
    Yeah you can PM me and I'll look at them. In general, some questions lend themselves better to being under the count than others. 250/550 sounds like it might be one of those monster prompts about research or activities, where they're really just giving the max amount in case one random applicant won a nobel prize or something.

eteshoe and keytonez like this.
  4. eteshoe

eteshoe Time Bender

Jan 4, 2016
    Rhea, Saturn
    I'm a bit busy this week so I won't be the most reliable person to send things to look over but yea I agree with @moggat