Quantcast

Submitting secondary after 2 months?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeathandTaxes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I received an e-mail (and got excited that maybe I received an interview), but instead it was indicating my applications was incomplete.

Although I wrote the secondary essays, I realized I never did the final step of submitting it. I went back to my file (which I labeled DONE), and thought, "Doh!"

Is it worthwhile to submit at this point? I received the secondary in mid July. Or should I just save myself $100?

libertyyne

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
You miss all the shots you dont take.
-Wayne Gretzky
- Abe Lincoln
- Michael Scott
- Melania Trump

Reactions: 1 users

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Abe Lincoln and Melania Trump in the same sentence!?! What is the world coming to?

Reactions: 1 users
Reaction score
I received an e-mail (and got excited that maybe I received an interview), but instead it was indicating my applications was incomplete.

Although I wrote the secondary essays, I realized I never did the final step of submitting it. I went back to my file (which I labeled DONE), and thought, "Doh!"

Is it worthwhile to submit at this point? I received the secondary in mid July. Or should I just save myself $100?
If it's not too seriously a "Reach" school and you'd want to attend that school if it were your only acceptance, then go for it.

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just to put this in perspective, while having an application fully complete by Labor Day is the optimal timing, having a secondary in and file complete before the last week of Sept is really not that late. Beginning of Oct would be definitely late, end of October is very late and November is like showing up at the party when everyone is about ready to leave

DeathandTaxes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just for those who may be in similar positions, I submitted my secondary (VERY LATE) and got an interview almost 2 weeks after it was verified.

I was also accepted to this school not too long ago!

Best of luck guys! A late app won't kill you if you're a good fit.

Reactions: 3 users
Reaction score
Just for those who may be in similar positions, I submitted my secondary (VERY LATE) and got an interview almost 2 weeks after it was verified.

I was also accepted to this school not too long ago!

Best of luck guys! A late app won't kill you if you're a good fit.
Thanks for the follow up. And congrats!