submitting secondary in person

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C.P. Jones

Catface Majigger
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this okay to do? I think it would be the most effecient way to give my application to the school that I work at. And also a way for me to meet the people there. But i'm also thinking it may be annoying for them because I am basically asking them to take care of my application as soon as I give it to them.

Members don't see this ad.

C.P. Jones said:
Is this okay to do? I think it would be the most effecient way to give my application to the school that I work at. And also a way for me to meet the people there. But i'm also thinking it may be annoying for them because I am basically asking them to take care of my application as soon as I give it to them.

I'd be careful with this. I worked in an undergrad admissions office, and on occasion people would drop off their application or some other piece of paperwork when they came to visit the school. Most times it was ok, but sometimes it would get set aside and lost, since it didn't come in with the rest of the mail. As long as the people in the office don't seem too busy or distracted when you drop it off, it should be ok, but make sure you check within a few days that it actually made it to your file.

hmm, very good point. I don't think this office is very busy, I never see anyone in there (besides the secretary). I think it would be good for me to try it out. but instead of "here's my app" i'll just say, "may i hand in my app in person?" so if they do get annoyed by this kind of stuff, they will just tell me to mail it and probably not be mad at me :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
C.P. Jones said:
I think it would be good for me to try it out. but instead of "here's my app" i'll just say, "may i hand in my app in person?" so if they do get annoyed by this kind of stuff, they will just tell me to mail it and probably not be mad at me :rolleyes:
That's probably a good idea. I can't imagine what benefit you'd get from handing it in. I don't think the secretary will necessarily be able to give your app some interview love because you cut a good impression. And the downside is them possibly misplacing it since it's coming in atypically. I'd just mail it.

C.P. Jones said:

I don't think it will hurt you in any way. Just make sure that they don't lose it.

i've decided upon regular mail, but i'll visit them anyway....maybe set up a meeting w/ the dean if they will do that to go over my app

I recently handed in a Secondary in person because my undergrad is only 10 min away from the med school campus and figured there's no real point in mailing it if I can get it there faster.

sometimes its more convenient to actually drop it off at the school rather then go to the post office