Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yo SDN, I recently got an interview at my first, and possibly only medical school. Naturally, I'm very happy but also very anxious as I want it to go very smooth. My stats are subpar to say the least. 499 MCAT, 3.2 GPA's. My extracurriculars are stellar and I have great letters of recommendation. Obviously with my stats, I need to knock this interview out of the park. I will be interviewing at South Dakota (Sanford) as an OOS, so any information specific to this school is extra-helpful.
I'm quite certain I could find an unlimited amount of "preparing for interview questions" all over, but I wanted to be more specific. I'd love to hear from former successful applicants, or people who have had very good interviews in the past. I know my application like the back of my hand, so any questions like that I'm confident with. Basically, I'd love to know what type of stuff you guys did to prepare. Like how much did you know about the school in terms of curriculum, grading, rotation sites, match stats, etc. Any general tips/advice on med school interviews is not discouraged!
I realize there are probably many other threads just like this, but with interview season kicking off, another one doesn't hurt. I'm not asking you to spoonfeed me tips to becoming a great interviewer but actually I am. Thanks!
I'm quite certain I could find an unlimited amount of "preparing for interview questions" all over, but I wanted to be more specific. I'd love to hear from former successful applicants, or people who have had very good interviews in the past. I know my application like the back of my hand, so any questions like that I'm confident with. Basically, I'd love to know what type of stuff you guys did to prepare. Like how much did you know about the school in terms of curriculum, grading, rotation sites, match stats, etc. Any general tips/advice on med school interviews is not discouraged!
I realize there are probably many other threads just like this, but with interview season kicking off, another one doesn't hurt. I'm not asking you to spoonfeed me tips to becoming a great interviewer but actually I am. Thanks!