successful MCAT study habit.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jubei0766

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am very sure that this question has been covered countless times. Can anyone please share his or her success(how many hours a day/week/ etc)? I am planning to take MCAT within 3 years. I also own Berkekey Review and Princeton Review. which one is better? Should I study them both?
I don't know if this is really true, but I also heard that Kaplan won't let students take its material or sth.
Thanks for your insights!

Members don't see this ad.

If you're not taking the MCAT for 3 years, you're thinking about this WAY too early! Holy crap! I suggest you enjoy whatever it is you're doing right now (my guess is you're not), because looking too far towards the horizon is gonna make you trip over the rock right in front of you.

Study for the classes that the MCAT covers and forget the reviews until a few months before the test.

Jeez, if you think about the test every day for the next THREE years, you're going to crack the moment you hear "You may now open your booklets and begin." Crazy. :rolleyes:

Dear LT.UB:
well, actually I am pretty happy yet very busy with my life....getting my doctoral degree within 2 years and I will take the MCAT 1 year after I graduate in May(I know I need more than 3 months to study for the exam). I can't even study or be obssesed with MCAT right now. I just want to know some helpful hints before the mcat so that I can adjust accordingly. And also, those books are my sister's :) Three years will pass very quickly, believe me.
I am just saying all this not because I am angry or smart-mouthed, but I don't want anyone to jump into strange conclusions about me without giving any helpful advice, I hope everyone understand.

P.S. you are totally right about "tripping"