Suddenly I have the real chance of a choice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrHoffy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on the choice between the UMDNJ Masters in Biomedical Science (which I am officially accepted to) versus the SMP at Georgetown (which I am currently waitlisted at, but am near the top) .

Both have their pros and cons and I already think I know which one I want to go to, but just wanted to throw the question out there: if you had the choice between those 2 programs, which one would you go to? I also want to make sure I am not missing some vital perspective. :)

Thanks a bunch for your thoughts!
Marcia

Members don't see this ad.

If you can afford it, your non-academic qualities are well rounded, and you don't have obligations that could make it hard to devote a lot of time to your graduate studies (e.g., work), Georgetown is probably the better choice.

marciah said:
Hello all,
I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on the choice between the UMDNJ Masters in Biomedical Science (which I am officially accepted to) versus the SMP at Georgetown (which I am currently waitlisted at, but am near the top) .

Both have their pros and cons and I already think I know which one I want to go to, but just wanted to throw the question out there: if you had the choice between those 2 programs, which one would you go to? I also want to make sure I am not missing some vital perspective. :)

Thanks a bunch for your thoughts!
Marcia

Hey Marcia, I was wondering how you know that you're near the top of the waitlist? As far as I can tell, they have informed me that the waitlist is not ranked.