Suggestion plzzzz!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psrao

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all
i have done my Bachelors(4 yrs after 2003) and Masters in Pharmacy .Also, worked in the pharmaceutical industry for 2 years in R&D dept. As of now my visa status dosent support me for working .
-->i read in the FPGEE Bulletin that 5 yrs of graduation after yr 2003 is only eligable for taking the exam..
in dat case im i not eligable for it??
-->is the retail sector a good carrier option
-->is it required to do pharm.d again?

What could be other courses that would help me in landing into a good job.. Any advices are appreciated and would be of great help.. thanku!!!

Members don't see this ad.

hi rxbup thankyou for the reply!! can u plz let me know how the evaluation would help me,because the FPGEE bulletin states that it requires 5 year grad course period.

Last edited:
hi rxbup thankyou for the reply!! can u plz let me know how the evaluation would help me,because the FPGEE bulletin states that it requires 5 year grad course period.

Hi psrao,

here are some carrier options- as much I know
1) If you want to become registered Pharmacist in future. --The process is pass FPGEE and TOEFL with specific score requirement + 1500 hours of internship in CA ( different hours requirement for different states ) + pass Naplex and law exam.
you need 5 years of grad course to be eligible for FPGEE. You can send your transcripts and all required documents of your B. Pharm and M.pharm to ECE. ECE will do evaluation of your courses and once you get the report from ECE, send it to NABP. NABP will let you know whether you are eligible for FPGEE or not.
here is the link for ECE
https://www.ece.org

2) doctor of Pharmacy
3) if you want to work in pharmaceutical industries in future - do M.S.

Hope this helps!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks rxbud! that surely helps ! but have few more questions to ask ! is pharm tech a gd carrier option ? i see the qualification for that profile is just 10+2 OR Equivalent?

Pharmacy tech doesn't pay much. don't waste your life. You should apply for pharmD, it will take you 2 years but you can qualify for the NAPLEX not the FPGEE, i think. at least one of my friend did that a few years ago. She got her BS 4 years program from China and came to the U.S. for pharmD. The course will better prepare you for the test, especially you have not worked in any retail/hospital. The externship and internship in a real pharmacy setting helps more than studying books over and over again.