BCPS Spring 2023 Exam Suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’ve decided that I want to pursue becoming BCPS certified. For those that have taken it, I have a couple questions for you to decide the best way to study for it:
1) On a scale of 1-10, how hard is it?
2) What areas did you focus on the most and the least?
3) After the exam, what areas do you wish you focused on more or less, if any?
4) What resources did you use to prepare for the exam?
5) How long do you believe is an adequate time to study for before taking the exam, if not right out of residency? I have been a practicing pharmacist for 2.5 years in both retail and hospital.

I have the following resources: ASHP BCPS material, the ACCP Clinical Pharmacist’s Guide to Biostatistics and Literature Evaluation book, BCPS Bullets 2022 book, 2022-2023 BCPS Study Guide by RxPharmacist LLC book, and the online Med Ed 101 resources.

Your feedback is much appreciated ahead of time! Since I have a lot of resources, I want to spend my time wisely using the best materials and focusing on the most important areas to study. Also, if anyone else is studying for the Spring BCPS 2023 exam, we could potentially start a study group. Thank you, again!
There is a slack group and Dropbox with materials. If you send me your email, I can add you to both. You’ll have to download the Slack app first.
Would you please add me? [email protected] thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am also sitting for the BCPS spring 2023 exam. I took it in Fall 2022 and unfortunately failed. Can I be added to the dropbox with materials? [email protected]
Also is anyone interested in group studying?

Is there anyone studying to take BCPS in Spring 2023 that would like to study together? I decided to change from fall to spring so I could enjoy my summer, even though I am already studying, just not at the rate I would be if I was taking it in the fall.
Hi, I am taking it in the spring. Love the idea of a study partner. Let's connect via email: [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to tackle infectious diseases for the BCPS exam? ID isn't my strongest area so I'm definitely looking for suggestions to best prepare. Thanks in advance.
I am planning to take it this spring... Have not started studying a thing as yet.. Hoping to start within the next week and do a solid 3 month of studying. I am really not sure if that is enough time though...

Members don't see this ad :)
hi, please add me to the slack group and dropbox as well please

Has anyone taken any exam yet and like to share your experience?

Hi! I plan on taking the exam this fall as well. Would you kindly add me to the study group? I just created a Slack account.

My email is: [email protected]

Thank you!

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to tackle infectious diseases for the BCPS exam? ID isn't my strongest area so I'm definitely looking for suggestions to best prepare. Thanks in advance.
Focus on first line empiric therapy choices of most common infections ( CAP, UTI, endocarditis, meningitis, etc.) and duration of therapy

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve decided that I want to pursue becoming BCPS certified. For those that have taken it, I have a couple questions for you to decide the best way to study for it:
1) On a scale of 1-10, how hard is it?
2) What areas did you focus on the most and the least?
3) After the exam, what areas do you wish you focused on more or less, if any?
4) What resources did you use to prepare for the exam?
5) How long do you believe is an adequate time to study

for before taking the exam, if not right out of residency? I have been a practicing pharmacist for 2.5 years in both retail and hospital.

I have the following resources: ASHP BCPS material, the ACCP Clinical Pharmacist’s Guide to Biostatistics and Literature Evaluation book, BCPS Bullets 2022 book, 2022-2023 BCPS Study Guide by RxPharmacist LLC book, and the online Med Ed 101 resources.

Your feedback is much appreciated ahead of time! Since I have a lot of resources, I want to spend my time wisely using the best materials and focusing on the most important areas to study. Also, if anyone else is studying for the Spring BCPS 2023 exam, we could potentially start a study group. Thank you, again!

1) On a scale of 1-10, how hard is it? It was a for 6 for me in terms of clinical depth but 8 in terms of how broad the information was.
2) What areas did you focus on the most and the least? stats, cardiology, infectious disease, management
3) After the exam, what areas do you wish you focused on more or less, if any? I wish I read more of the areas I don’t work in such as peds, psych, women care, etc.
4) What resources did you use to prepare for the exam? ACCP materials - 2 years old but I keep up with new evidence and guidelines since I work in internal medicine
5) How long do you believe is an adequate time to study. I took 1 week off work to study, 6 hrs on stats, 4 hrs in cardiology, 4 in infectious disease, 4 in management, a few hours in other subjects.

I was ready to retake the exam because I felt I knew maybe 50% of the questions, could narrow it down to 2 choices on 25% and truly didn’t know 25% but I luckily passed. For reference, I did a residency and am currently practice in internal medicine at a large academic institution.

Last edited:
How is everyone else doing with the waiting? I have had a roller coaster of emotions myself. One more month to go.

How is everyone else doing with the waiting? I have had a roller coaster of emotions myself. One more month to go.
Agreed. The wait is the worst. I keep checking the website to see if they announce when the results will be released. Hopefully, they start releasing the last week of June

Just a heads up, it is going to be in the 60-90 day post test period before we find out the results. Spoke to customer service about it, good luck all.

Just a heads up, it is going to be in the 60-90 day post test period before we find out the results. Spoke to customer service about it, good luck all.
They told me 90 days from May 1st.

Hello , I am slow in the game but can I get added to the material group? Please

Just checked BPS website and scores will be posted next week. BCPS is scheduled to be released July 12

Last edited:
There is a slack group and Dropbox with materials. If you send me your email, I can add you to both. You’ll have to download the Slack app first.

Hello, I'm not sure if you're still looking at this thread, but would you mind adding me to the Dropbox/Slack group as well? My email is [email protected]. Much appreciated! I'm preparing to take the BCPS exam in spring of 2024, and I want to start earlier rather than later. Thank you!

Hello, I've taken this exam last year, and unfortunately didn't pass. Would love to join study group, please add me.
my email is [email protected]